NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Any love for the Harmony 695?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The wife is putting the remotes so out of sight now, it's becoming easier just to walk to the TV to turn it down. I've given up considering he UIRT, and I see people mention the Firefly. I have the 150 45-button, but I need to control the TV & Receiver.

Is the Logitech Harmony 659 any good for GB/TV/Stereo? I'm (read: wife) not interested in spending more than $100 for a remote.
I've had the 959 for about a year now and have been very pleased with it. Button response is good, setup is relatively easy (if you can set up GBPVR you won't have any problems), and it is fairly flexible as far as programming options. Oh, and it has 3 IR emitters so you don't have to even have to be pointing the thing at a component for it to work.

I use it for at least 6 components and GBPVR. When you set it up you will be able to download the button mapping for the 45 button hauppauge remote from Logitech's website.

The only weakness I've observed is the feel of the buttons (hard to differentiate buttons in the dark). Functionally, I don't think you can do better for under $300.
I have the 659 and absolutely love it. It works perfectly with GB-PVR. I press one button and it turns on the TV and sets it to the correct video input, turns on the AV receiver and sets it to the correct input and I'm ready to rock. If I decide to watch TV I hit another botton and it turns on the cable box, sets it to my most freqently used channel and and turns off the receiver. When I'm done I hit the off button and everything turns off.
Those are both was I was hoping for....thx a lot for taking the time for the feedback.

My wife is still convinced she can find some magic remote caddy or something, but one more trip across the room for the volume should change her tune.
Capone,
I use the Harmony 676 and we love it also. I did run into a few pvr problems that can be confusing to setup on their www site. One thing I do remember is make sure you don't have the remote switch to a specific tv channel automatically when swithing to "Watch PVR" activity. It was sending channels to the pvr while gbpvr was in the main menu causing it to automatically traverse the menu. Once I figured that out all was well. I control multiple home theater components and the pvr pc. I even figured out how to get it to control my cd jukebox and started entering album titles into the remote so I can pick an album by name from the remote lcd.

sorry for the long post. Good luck.
Hi there,

While I can't comment on its capabilities with a PVR (haven't set it up yet, but will soon) I too have the 676 and it is amazing. I picked this one over the 659 because of the extra transport buttons (676 has the chapter next and chapter previous buttons on the remote, not on the lcd like the 659). My wife wasn't really keen on the idea of a $120 for a remote, but after she used it for a few days, she agrees it was well worth it. Now I have a nice collection of unused remotes sitting in the closet in the hallway Smile. Range is great on the IR's and the logitech sote had pre-defined codes for all of my hardware (To include my odd Sherwood receiver that nobody else knows what it is) With only a few minutes on logitech's site, I was up and running everything.

Well worth the money in my (and my wife's) opinion.

kosekjm