NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Guide2j Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugin/Guide2j

I fixed a lot of object reference not found. There were problems where you delete a recording and it would not clear from guide2j but would be removed from the pending list. And I found that if the gbpvrbackend .dll (something like that) is in the plugin directory gbpvr does not let you schedule. So I wrote an installer that will delete it since it does not belong there.

You do not need to use the CDK scheduler it will be setup for you but you dont need to use it.

If you have tried the guide2j in the past and stopped using it please try it again, and if you have any errors send me the log and I will get it working.

2005–08–08: Enhanced by jorm
fixed button on schedule popup so you can get to exit
added AM/PM
I added a indicator if the show is a rerun or not.
4 characters for channel designations.
cleaned up the way status was updated was not clearing when deleted.
Updated source to v.4
Fixed some object reference not found
Wrote an installer
highlight based on genere
can now highlight based on show genere see list on wiki.

If anyone wants to color code the generes see the skin.
I just tried to download v0.4 but when I opened the zip it is corrupted
Download again, works for me
disregard the previous post - I restarted and now it work - so no corrupted zip-file
N/M, read on the wiki page that the watch button is on your to do list. Big Grin
I just installed Guide2j on a fressh GBPVR installation. When I go to buide2j from the main menu i get zapdb not found. Here is cut from log

10/2005 10:51:29 PM.437 VERBOSE [2] RecordingFactory.loadSchedule()
8/10/2005 10:51:29 PM.437 VERBOSE [2] Purging any stale logically deleted recordings
8/10/2005 10:51:31 PM.843 INFO [2] Connection String Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=".\gbpvr.mdb";User Id=admin;Password=
8/10/2005 10:51:31 PM.875 ERROR [2] Error: msg=0x202 (WM_LBUTTONUP) hwnd=0x11010a wparam=0x0 lparam=0x14e0186 result=0x0 : Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\zapdb.mdb'. : at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.ProcessResults(Int32 hr)
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.InitializeProvider()
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open()
at zapmetadata.DatabaseHelper.OpenZapDB()
at Guide2Plugin.GuideTask.Activate()
at ck.a(Point A_0)

What did I miss?

Paul
from the stack trace it looks like I am missing the zapdb.mdb from the installer. Download zaptools and extract the database from there. I will fix the installer this morning.

The watch requires a hook from sub, hopefully soon.
Got it. thanks. I think other plugins load up the db also.

While I have your attention, do I need xRecord or any other plugin for Guide2?

Thx
paul
the database comes with xrecord/fastfind, enhanced web admin, zaptools and now guide2j

you need fastfind.dll but that is bundled with the guide2j as well. So it is already there. It is helpful to have xrecord if you like its interface but it is not required.

The big benefit at this time is if you do use the cdk scheduler (advanced scheduling) you can edit the priorities and add/delete entries in it using xrecord.

If there is something about xrecord you do not like let me know and I will see if it is something that can be changed.

Guide2j reuses logic from fastfind for displaying the popups.
I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but I can't figure out how to watch a show. When I click a show all it shows is 'Schedule, Advanced, Find More, and Exit' regardless of whether the show is in five hours or is currently playing. Also, is there a way to switch between vertical to horizontal guides using the remote?
thanks
Pages: 1 2