NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PVR 500 (dual tuners)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Small question. I've a PVR 500 (which has dual tuners)

How do I set that up so I can use them though? I've selected PVR 500 where applicable, but I still get told I can't record a show and watch live TV at the same time.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

- Kevin
Go into config, set device 1 as PVR-500.
Set device 2 as PVR-500 with FM.
Make sure that you have also set them as capture device #1 and #2.
You also have to update the guide (zap2it) for both.
kevin_c Wrote:Hi all,

Small question. I've a PVR 500 (which has dual tuners)

How do I set that up so I can use them though? I've selected PVR 500 where applicable, but I still get told I can't record a show and watch live TV at the same time.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

- Kevin
What happens when you try?
man i just got my pvr-500 in today and was going to ask the same question. hey did you get the new bracket that you can buy....it came whit the pvr-500 i got. Big Grin Or does it come whit all pvr-500.
Hi reboot,

Thanks for the help. I tried to set it up as you suggested, but that doesn't seem to work. I'm sure I've understood your instructions fully - how do you set up the 2 devices, and how do you update the listings for them both?

sub - when I try to do it, I get the message "no available tuners, do you want to: watch, show being recorded, or don't watch TV"

Thanks
Quote:sub - when I try to do it, I get the message "no available tuners, do you want to: watch, show being recorded, or don't watch TV
That implies you've not set it up correctly. You need to setup two capture sources, each with their own EPG, one set to device#1 the other set to device #2.
I figured that might the case.

So, two sources then - well i'll give that a whirl. It's a bit of an odd way to do it though, since it's really just one source, with two tuners.
No actually, each tuner is a source, all of its own.
I got the opposite situation - I have two cards that have their composite input connected to my set-top-box. It's two cards, but I should only program one source, because only one channel can be tuned in the STB at any one time. The STB is the real tuner. So one STB means one capture source. Two analog tuners are two sources, because each can be tuned to a different channel at the same time.
GGF
soloxp Wrote:man i just got my pvr-500 in today and was going to ask the same question. hey did you get the new bracket that you can buy....it came whit the pvr-500 i got. Big Grin Or does it come whit all pvr-500.

Just curious as to what bracket you are talking about since I ordered my 500 today. I didn't see any mention of it on any of the sites with info on the 500.

Paul