NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Sigma XCard Opinions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My sister has a PVR250 and I was wanting to get her something for her birthday and I was thinking about getting her an Xcard. Her computer is right beside her TV so I don't think an MVP is any use to her. What do people think of the X Card?? I have a PVR350 does the Xcard interface similarily or does it have the desktop and everything? How about the xcard versus a good video card with Svideo output?

An opinions appreciated,

thanks
Dana
To be honest, I dont think I'd buy an XCard (or PVR350). Its great at what it does, but its got too many limitations. Its also very poorly supported by thirdparty software.

Even in GB-PVR its only gets very little time focused on it. There just isnt enough people using this device for me to focus my efforts on making this a great XCard application.
I use the Xcard and take parallel digital output and pass it to sweetspot aquisition card.

Output from xcard is silky smooth. I've yet to see DVD software decoders provide such a good picture.

Kev