NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Odd tuning problem...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I'm having some very strange tuning issues - here's what's happening...

Hardware - Hauppauge PVR-250

A couple of channels (UK Channel 5 in particular) have quite noticable interferance. The really strange thing is that if I view them with WinTV they are fine!

I can't figure out how there can be a difference in picture quality when the same tuner is being used.

What am I missing?

Many thanks in advance,

CC :confused:
WinTV doesnt use standard directshow mechanisms for doing its tuning, so it may be using slightly different frequencies. If you know these frequencies, then you can enter them in GB-PVR in place of the channel numbers.
Hi Sub,

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. I'm not sure how to proceed though, I can see the channel numbers in WinTV and these do correspond to the GBPVR numbers (with an offset) so for example..

WinTV BBC1 is channel 46 and in GBPVR it is 27
WinTV BBC2 is channel 48 and in GBPVR it is 29
WinTV CH5 is channel 41 and in GBPVR it is 22

But how do I get at the frequencies being used in WinTV and how would these be entered into GBPVR - sorry to be so thick but I'm quite new to all this great stuff...

Thanks again,

CC
If you can't find the frequencies elsewhere easily, you can try to run the TuningAssistant. It will show you which frequencies the channels have. After noting these, you enter the config app, and go into the "Capture Sources" tab, and where it says 27, you change to the frequency for BBC1, etc.

If the picture is still bad, you can fine tune by changing those frequencies by hand, steps of 500 is usually good to try.