NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Can't get Hauppauge Remote to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, Ive set the remote up in WinTv (by the way its Hauppauge WinTv 150 card)
Ive done the remote fix in GBPVR - restarted the IR - set up the channels and im getting the channels but it won't change with the remote and it won't change when I set a recording.
Im dumbfounded.
I had this all set up once but I guess I forgot what I did the first time, I had to do a complete restore on my pc and now Im lost.
Im running the 150 card plus a cable box thru composite video.
When I run live tv and try to change the channels it changes down at the bottom where the channel listing are but the actual channel never changes.

Any help?? or suggestions??

Thank you very much
Quote:When I run live tv and try to change the channels it changes down at the bottom where the channel listing are but the actual channel never changes.
It sounds like your remote is working fine, but you've configured you capture sources to use an external fixed tuner. Check your device settings in the capture source settings.
What should my settings be if im running an external cable box via composite?
I thought I needed to checked composite in my capture source, sorry im so confused

Thank you for all your help
Ok, given you're connecting to a cable box via composite, it sounds like you dont have an IR Blaster setup. You cable is always outputting the same channel, which is why every channel looks the same.

In order for GB-PVR to change channels on the cable box, it uses an IR Blaster, which pretends to be the cable box's remote. It sends fake channel change signals which trick the cable box into changing channels whenever GB-PVR needs to change channels.
Sub - thank you very much I had things messed up in my capture source settings now its all working right
Thank you very much again