NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Second Capture Card Setup Question...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone provide details on how to add a second video capture card to GBPVR? I’ve searched the forum and have not been able to find a concise answer.

What I did was uninstall the driver for my current Hauppauge 250, installed my 2nd 250, and reinstalled the drivers after my pc detected the new hardware. I went into GBPVR and created a new capture source, called Hauppauge 250B, the first card is Hauppauge 250A.

Apparently, GBPVR is aware of both cards, because when I click on the system tray icon and pull up recording status, it shows the status of both cards. Or is it just listing the statuses of the capture sources I’ve created, regardless of whether they’re working or not?

My issue is I can’t get the 2nd source to record. I’ve tried by programming a recording in xrecord and changing the capture source to #2 in the recording options, but this doesn’t work. I’ve tried switching the card#s, without success. What steps am I missing? Any help is much appreciated.
You need two capture sources. One must be setup ast device #1, the other as device #2.

I dont know anything about xrecord, but if you try to use the original GB-PVR TV Guide screen to scheduled two recordings, what happens?
I originally had one capture source named Hauppauge 250, which I changed to Hauppauge 250A when I added the 2nd card, and I created a 2nd capture source named Hauppauge 250B. I originally set 250A as capture device#1 and 250B as device#2,and when I couldn't get the second card to record, I switched the device#s around so 250A was board#2 and 250B was board#1, and couldn't get them both to record. I tried board#s3 thru 6,but I got an error message that GBPVR did not detect drivers each time.

I haven't tried recording with the original TV guide, I will try that and see if that works for me.
Well, when I got home last night I found GBPVR recording 2 shows concurrently, so the problem isn't that GBPVR isn't seeing the second card, it seems to be in Guide2J. I've posted my question the appropriate forum.