NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Advice on new TV card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im thinking of getting a new TV card as I have the MSI TV@nywhere Master, which to be quite honest as most of the reviews say, it is pretty rubbish.
Anyway, I live in the UK so I could get a digital freeview card which would be quite good but thats not a must. I need something that works!

Been looking at some of Hauppauge's offerings and the ones I think I have narrowed it down to are:
PVR-XXX probably the 250
HVR-1100 which seems to say will do both digital and analogue
Nova-T PCI which I am assuming is just pure digital?

If this is correct which is best supported by GBPVR and which is the best card?

PS. I would like to congratulate GBPVR on what seems to be an amazing product for an even better price. If I can get a card that works well with it I will definately try and find some donations.
GBPVR doesn't support the analogue side of the HVR-1100 so unless you want to capture from your old video camera get the Nova-T as the pvr-xxx series do not capture freeview natively.
Thanks for the reply.
Do you know if the Nova T have a built in hardware mpeg2 encoder?

Does having that mean the load for the encoding is not actually carried by the CPU but done on the board itself?
The Nova-T doesnt need an MPEG2 encoder. DVB-T transmissions are sent as MPEG2, so its just a matter of saving them to disk.
Thanks alot for the help.