NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Sapphire Theatrix Capture problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have recently installed a Sapphire Theatrix onto my system (MSI P4 3GHz 1GB) which already had installed onto it a WINTV PVR150.

Both cards work OK in LiveTV mode, with the Theatrix being more sensitive to the antenna signal strength and showing some synchronisation problems.

When trying to capture however with the Theatrix GBPVR captures at 720x480 although the transmitted signal is PAL B/G.

I have tried all quality settings and I get the same results. I have captured with the Teatrix using the bundled software PowerCinema (which I don't like at all and I only installed for this test) and the result was OK.

I would appreciate if you could let me know what I need to change so that theatrix captures in PAL mode and also if the audio sync problems it shows compared to the WINTV should be considered normal.

Thanks a lot for your help
Many people have had to edit direct.ini and set ForceStandard=16. In theory the Theatrix drivers should do this automatically based on the country selected, but they dont.
In live tv mode with this device you need to have the deinterlacing set to 'encoder pass-through' or its prone to getting out of sync.
Edit direct.ini (in GBPVR directory) and change Forcestandard to
ForceStandard=16.

This will force the Theatrix card into PAL-B mode which will force resolution to 720x576
many thanks sub and csy for your kind help.

when I tried to choose ''encoder pass thru'' an error message told me that there is a component missing from myssystem so this option cannot be chosen. any ideas on this?

thanks a lot
Further to my last message above, the component missing from my system which is reported when I do an 'encoder pass thru' is the Microsoft MPEG-2 Demultiplexer.

Does anybody know where I can find and dowload this software?

Thanks a lot.

Christos
An additional problem I am facing with the Sapphire Theatrix is the quality of the sound, both in Live as well as in the Recording mode. The produced sound appears to have a lot of humm (noise) in it and is definitely of lower quality than the sound captured by WINTV-PVR150 at the same bit rate.

If anybody has any ideas for this I would greatly appreciate sone advice.

Thanks a lot.

Christos
cagapiou Wrote:Further to my last message above, the component missing from my system which is reported when I do an 'encoder pass thru' is the Microsoft MPEG-2 Demultiplexer.

Does anybody know where I can find and dowload this software?

Thanks a lot.

Christos
That comes with Windows. You could try running the following: regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\mpg2splt.ax
Just a tip.

The audio channel does not work correctly if you have manually specified channel frequencies within gbpvr. You must use the tuning assistant and use those channel numbers to make the audio work correctly.