NextPVR Forums

Full Version: theater pro 550 - system locks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just purchased an ati 550 theater pro tv tuner card (PowerColor/Tul) but have, as yet, been unable to install. I have a dell 8300, P4/3.00 GHz, 512 Mb, windows XP SP2, and two available PCI slots. here is the product page from newegg - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...etailSpecs My current video card is an ATI Radeon 9800 pro in the AGP slot. I have an SB Audigy 2 in slot 2 and modem in slot 3. I initially installed the card in slot 4, booted up, and began installing the software driver from the provided CD. Near the end of installation the system locked, I could not force quit, and had to perform a hard reboot.

I have since removed and uninstalledmy other PCI hardware (SB audigy and modem), and tried the 550 pro in each of the pci slots without success. The system will boot, but as soon as I enable the card in the device manager the system immediately locks. I have also tried installing the newest driver from ATI, but it did not help.

any advice would be appreciated.
Sound like your need a bios update for your PC. Some other ATI 550 pro owners also had to do this.
thanks, I saw the related string after posting. I had already flashed my bios with the newest from dell (A07) without success.
Do you know who makes the motherboards in your dell? It might be worth checking if they have a later bios.