NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Beware Tigerdirect Shipping Chaos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tigerdirect had some sort of meltdown while upgrading their warehouse system. They have buried this letter in the "track your order" section of their site.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/sectors/custletter/index.asp?

They were careful not to place the letter anywhere someone would see it prior to placing an order.

I have been waiting over 3 weeks for a case I ordered and paid for. TigerDirect is no longer answering their customer service phone number - they place you on hold for 30 minutes then disconnect.

This was my first order from Tiger. I had heard good things about them but this is incredibly sleazy behavior from a major retailer.
There have been various problems with Tiger, for over 5 years.
There are cheaper places to purchase things, and ones that have better shipping policies.
I get almost everything from http://www.ncix.com (in Canada), and they have pricematch guarantee as well.
Newegg.com is the best in the US.
I used to order exclusively from TigerDirect. I would say the service and quality and selection are good, the shipping used to be good. It usually took just 2 days for me to receive anything via ups ground.

I've been using Newegg recently though, prices are a little bit better and shipping seems fairly quick. Its not possible to call Newegg and talk to people knowledgable of their product line like it is with TigerDirect though, as far as I know anyway.

When they get their shipping back in order I will give them more business.
The only complaint I ever had concerning TD was the company that offers their rebates. I will not get anything with a rebate from TD or possibly anywhere for that matter. I think the rebate scene is a scam.
I really got fed up with them today and have been googling while on hold with "customer service" waiting to be disconnected again.

There are tons of horror stories about Tiger.

I really liked the design of their website and was hoping for a positive experience. I am new to Canada and Im looking for a reliable supplier on this side of the border so I do not need to deal with customs. I was a big fan of NewEgg when I was in the US.

Thanks for the tip Reboot - I will have a look at NCIX.

TevBill - I completely agree on the whole rebate thing. "the price is fifty dollars but you have to let us borrow thirty dollars for 6 months and fill out a bunch of paperwork". I disregard rebate statements and assume I will never receive the money. I make my decision based on the "before rebate" price. That way if the check actually arrives it's a nice surprise.
Definitely go with NCIX.
Shipping direct is FAST!
You can phone toll free, and talk to someone if you need to.
They take paypal, email money transfer, and just about every other method of payment you can imagine, so it's convenient.
They keep the inventory up to date, so if something is not available, they say so, up front. They don't put "available" if they haven't physically got one on the shelf.
They'll pricematch any Canadian website/store with a valid link to the product (I use http://www.pricenetwork.ca a lot).
RMA's are a breeze.
Option to purchase extended RMA's from them, instead of dealing with the mfg.
Rebates are instantaneous, and they love to hear if you have any trouble with any of their products.
Replacements on warranty are 3 days max (may be a bit longer to Eastern Canada).
Never ever had any problem, in over 5 years.
ordered 2 MVP's from ncix, that's the only place I can find them in Canada. The first one took almost 3 weeks even though the web site said it was in stock. The second one arrived in a matter of days though. Overall I got what I wanted but was annoyed waiting that long in the first case.
I will give NCIX a try next time I order something. At this point I do not think I will ever do business with Tiger again unless I have no choice.

I think the only thing I miss about living in the states (besides Comedy Central) is being able to pop into CompUSA. No website lies, no shipping hassles. They sell everything right down to MOBO's, processors, memory, cases, fans etc. And there always seems to be at least one guy working who knows what he is talking about.

I live in downtown Montreal with no car and my only choices are Future Shop and Best Buy. Fine for digital cameras, not so great for PC components (I did get my PVR 150 from Future Shop for $90.00).

Thanks again Reboot. I think it was you who turned me on to Pricenetwork.CA a few weeks ago. I have been finding great deals on little things like dvd media at local stores.