NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Question About Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 500MCE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can I use the dual-tuner capability of this card to record two shows at once in GB-PVR? I've been "shopping around" so to speak for a PVR that'll let me do this, but all I've heard in forums about it are people having trouble with it.

Does anyone actually have a setup with this card where this is working trouble-free?

Thanks in advance. Smile
Yes, this works well for me. I'm not aware of any issues.
Thanks a lot for the reply, sub. Smile I'll keep everyone posted of my success once I've finished building the machine.
Cepheus Wrote:Does anyone actually have a setup with this card where this is working trouble-free?
Yes...BUT....
What motherboard/chipset do you have? If your mobo has a VIA chipset it might cause problems - in particular, the SouthBridge VT8237 seems to be an issue.

If this is the case with your mobo then 2x PVR-150s might be a better bet.

Check this thread...

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthr...ge=1&pp=10

Cheers,
Brian
I have two 500's and a 250 all working in gbpvr. A few setup glitches, but removing, restart, then reconfiguring my cards in gbpvr sorted it all out. Works fine with VIA on an MSI KT400a (my previous board) and NForce 3 and 4 chipsets.
bgowland Wrote:Yes...BUT....
What motherboard/chipset do you have?

I haven't built the system yet -- that's actually why I'm asking here Wink -- but this is the mobo I'm planning on using:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.as...6813131484

It's the Intel 865PE chipset. Any known problems with this one?
Cepheus Wrote:It's the Intel 865PE chipset. Any known problems with this one?
I couldn't give you a definite answer but I've certainly seen a number of people's sigs which show they are using an 865PE-based mobo. Mine is a D865GBF which I put in to replace the VIA-based mobo that gave me problems with the 500. I think the Intel 865 series seem to have a good reputation - I'm happy with mine.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Brian
I'll try it and we'll see. Smile Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. Smile