NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 5.1 in video but not in DVD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is kind of just an anololy: I can play a file w/ 5.1 audio encoded, but if I play a DVD, it treats it like TV and as a 2.1.

I have a audio card just doing direct spdif to the receiver which detects and plays it perfectly, except the DVDs. I even have the patch wire running from the CD playeer to the audio card.

Maybe the nVidia decoders are getting mixed up somehow, since the video files are divx/xvid usually, so handled by other decoders. But I'm still open to XP settings or the hardware arrangement somehow.

Very low priority as I don't own a lot of DVDs, but I had it right before, so it's just eating at me a little.
Never mind on this one...I did it, but not exactly how I wanted to.

I found out I'm a victim of my own situation. I have ffdshow postprocessing, which is preventing the pure Dolby ProLogic from passing through (even though it does have a prologic setting). Regular Dolby didn't either. Once I set it to pass 5.1, the receiver got all channels, and took care of the Dolby (non-prologic) from there.

While I'm sure if I could dectect the difference between Dolby and Dolby ProLogic II, I'm perfectly happy having it work as just Dobly, and still get all the benefits of postprocessing so I can watch/listen to all the different medias I have.