NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Extending IRBlaster Cable length
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I've got a Haupage PVR-150 card with the IRblaster but where I place my pc is not right by the TV, so the cable for the IR receiver is at a weird location.

The IRblaster cable length is pretty long, but the IRReceiver cable is very short, is there anyway to extend this cable at all? I noticed it looks like a stereo headphone cable, can I just purchase a headphone cable extension and use that? Thanks
Give it a try; they're cheap. Let us know how it works out. Smile
Something I inteded to try if I broke another one (one already got the pin bent when I moved the tv before unattaching it) is to splice the two of them together.

The good news for you if you're feeling adventurous is you grab anothe remote and IR on ebay for at least < $10 than from Haup. Maybe you would want to pre-order one should this go wrong for you Wink
I have a problem with the cable length also. I got this back from Hauppauge Tech Support;

Quote:I've checked with our hardware engineers and they have indicated that it is not recommended to try to lengthen the cable, and that the IR blaster is at
the recommended length for proper operation.