NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Installation and setup of 350 & 500 Card?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Experts...Big Grin

I have just bought a new PVR500 Card and now I need to set Install it
The proper way...:confused: (Sorry for stupid Questions I am Newbie)

A) I use the TV-out on the 350 card, should this be device 1#?

And when setting up the PVR500 Card like this.
Capture Source:
1# PVR350
2# PVR500 (Tuner1)?
3# PVR500 (Tuner2)?
(Dont care about the FM radio part)

B) When setting up the channels can I just use the same channel that I already use with the 350 Card? I have used FreqCopy to override frequencies for Hauppauge TV Cards. Should this be done again?`

The channels "order" is also the same as the PVR350 so can I reuse the setup.
Or should I configure the new PVR500 Tuners with the Wintv2000 tool?

C) Should I use the MCE drivers? (OS= WINXPro)

D) Since I am using all the same channels for all the tuners I can use the same XML file for the TV guide correct?

Thanks for Helping out!
And have a excellent weekend

Cheers
Casperse
Any other things that I should look out for?
casperse Wrote:Hi
A) I use the TV-out on the 350 card, should this be device 1#?
does not matter. gb-pvr will allways 'find' the 350 and its tv out.

casperse Wrote:And when setting up the PVR500 Card like this.
Capture Source:
1# PVR350
2# PVR500 (Tuner1)?
3# PVR500 (Tuner2)?
in the device list, there is a 'pvr500' and a 'pvr500 with fm tuner' entry. i do not know if its important to assign the 'correct' settings to the tuners. it probably does not matter as long you wont listen to radio.

casperse Wrote:B) When setting up the channels can I just use the same channel that I already use with the 350 Card? I have used FreqCopy to override frequencies for Hauppauge TV Cards. Should this be done again?`
nope. the frequencies are written to a special place in the registry where all tuners 'get' them.

casperse Wrote:The channels "order" is also the same as the PVR350 so can I reuse the setup.
yes, you can. configuring in wintv2000 is not necessary

casperse Wrote:C) Should I use the MCE drivers? (OS= WINXPro)
i'm using a 150PVR and a 150PVR MCE both with the 'normal' (non-MCE) drivers. so you wont have to use mce drivers.

casperse Wrote:D) Since I am using all the same channels for all the tuners I can use the same XML file for the TV guide correct?
yes. just point to the same xml-file for all capture sources.
Great thanky!

[QUOTE=casperse]
The channels "order" is also the same as the PVR350 so can I reuse the setup.
[/casperse]
yes, you can. configuring in wintv2000 is not necessary

Just to be sure....
With the PVR350 card I was told that it was easy to just do a manuel tuning in wintv2000 and then use the Freqcopy to get them in the correct registry...
What is the otherway? I cant use the Freqcopy for a 500 card

And I thought there where other drivers but I can only find the MCE drivers...Is there a way to identify the card? I bought a bulk since I dont need the Remote etc..
So I dont know if it is a MCE version?

Again thanks!
All PVR-500's are "MCE" versions. There is no retail version.
Use the latest drivers from http://www.shspvr.com (yes, the ones for the PVR-150 are the same as for the 500).
You do not need WinTV2000, nor any of it's associated apps, including the tuning assistant.
You already have an XML source. Just configure both tuners on the 500 to use the same source.
But dont I need to configure the FRQ settings manuel for each tuner?
I mean adjusting and tuning each TV channel with the wintv2000 software?

The XML is only the TV guide, not the Freq for each channel (Im a PAL user!Big Grin )

Cheers
I'm thinking that once you have the XML source setup the same for all tuners, gbpvr should be able to find all the channels, without you having to manually assign each freq.
I could be totally wrong about this.
Yes...

I just made sure I had all the right channels in the new Wintv2000 (That supports the 500 card) and did a setup of all "tre" cards
And it works...

A Note it seems that it will record in the same order as the tuners..
Meaning that 1#tuner will always be the first tuner that starts recording and then 2#....etc
Yes, that's the way it works.
If you want a specific tuner to be #1, then you have to install it first, and then do a fresh install of gbpvr to reassign the tuners.
Gbpvr just picks up the tuner order from the registry, via device manager, so whatever's installed first, is what get's used first.