NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Best TV Out Video Card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been running off of the onboard SIS video chipset for a while (Shuttle bareboes PC). I have grown to dislike the video out for countless reasons. My question is, what is the best video out card that I can use? My TV has SVideo, coax, and RCA inputs.

I have read alot about the VGA converters and what not, but I am unsure as to what my best options are. I would like to have full OSD and all of the other advanced features that GBPVR supports.

Thanks,
Drew
I don't know what is the best video card, however the ASUS 9550 (ATI) works well for me. The Svideo and composite out are remarkably crystal clear on my 29" SDTV. The 9550 supports DXVA hardware acceleration. The only negative point is the ATI driver does not provide 720x576 resolution by default, and I have to use a 3rd party utility (iMON application) to select this resolution.
Does it support VMR7 and VMR9? Do you know of any video cards that natively support that resolution with DX acceleration?
csy Wrote:I don't know what is the best video card, however the ASUS 9550 (ATI) works well for me. The Svideo and composite out are remarkably crystal clear on my 29" SDTV. The 9550 supports DXVA hardware acceleration. The only negative point is the ATI driver does not provide 720x576 resolution by default, and I have to use a 3rd party utility (iMON application) to select this resolution.

If you use a Nvidia card you can do custom resolutions. Works well.
I was leaning towards an NVidida card. I run them on my desktop and have been very pleased. Any suggestions for a particular card?