NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Emuzed Maui-I support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looking for assistance to get Emuzed Maui-I support. I have seen other threads about Emuzed cards, but not this one. I am currently using MediaPortal, but it is still too early in software development and doesn't do what I want.

So I was wondering what I would need to do to get it working. I didn't have to install any drivers since they were already included with XP.

Once I get his working, I can't wait to get an MVP and try that with GBPVR.

Thanks,
Greg
Unfortunately I know very little about this card, and I dont have access to one, so its unlikely to ever be supported. Sorry.
So it isn't as simple as creating the correct graph and direct.ini settings? I saw a posting about the Emuzed Maui-II S, and that's all it seemed to talk about. From what I can tell, I seems similar to that card. The Maui-I also uses the LSI DVXplore mpeg encoder. Pretty cheap too, got it on ebay for $30US, still lots there. Great card and has great picture.

Greg
If it helps, I ripped this out out MediaPortal's card definitions.

Thanks,
Greg

<capturecard commercialname="Emuzed Maui-I PCI HP" capturename="Emuzed EvcapMaui Device" devid="ven_123f&amp;dev_8120&amp;subsys_00011809&amp;rev_b1">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="false"></capabilities>
<tv>
<interface cat="mux" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"></interface>
<filters>
<filter cat="tvtuner" name="Emuzed EvcapMaui TvTuner" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="tvaudio" name="Emuzed EvcapMaui TvAudio" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="crossbar" name="Emuzed EvcapMaui Crossbar" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="capture" name="Emuzed EvcapMaui Device" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="encodervideo" name="Emuzed EvcapMaui Encoder" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="encoderaudio" name="C-Cube DVx MPEG Audio Compressor" checkdevice="false"></filter>
<filter cat="mux" name="C-Cube DVx MPEG Multiplexer" checkdevice="false"></filter>
</filters>
<connections>
<connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="2"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="tvaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="4"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="1"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="encodervideo" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="encoderaudio" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="encodervideo" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="1"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="encoderaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="0"></connection>
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>

<capturecard commercialname="Emuzed Maui-I PCI HP" capturename="Emuzed EvcapMaui Device" devid="ven_123f&amp;dev_8120&amp;subsys_00011809&amp;rev_b0">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="false"></capabilities>
<tv>
<interface cat="mux" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"></interface>
<filters>
<filter cat="tvtuner" name="Emuzed EvcapMaui TvTuner" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="tvaudio" name="Emuzed EvcapMaui TvAudio" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="crossbar" name="Emuzed EvcapMaui Crossbar" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="capture" name="Emuzed EvcapMaui Device" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="encodervideo" name="Emuzed EvcapMaui Encoder" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="encoderaudio" name="C-Cube DVx MPEG Audio Compressor" checkdevice="false"></filter>
<filter cat="mux" name="C-Cube DVx MPEG Multiplexer" checkdevice="false"></filter>
</filters>
<connections>
<connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="2"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="tvaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="4"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="1"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="encodervideo" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="encoderaudio" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="encodervideo" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="1"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="encoderaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="0"></connection>
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>
Does anyone know how to map the aboce into entries in the direct.ini file? Do I also have to make graphs? I assume I start with entries like below. I copied the direct.ini from another post about a Maui-IIIS and replaced the filter names to match the Maui-I. I must be close, because GBPVR didn't complain about not finding the driver, but the screen was black.

Also, I ran the tuning assistant and it kept saying that it found a channel. I assume this is good news.

[Emuzed Maui-I HP]
FILTER_CROSSBAR=Emuzed EvcapMaui Crossbar
FILTER_CAPTURE=Emuzed EvcapMaui Device
FILTER_TV_TUNER=Emuzed EvcapMaui TvTuner
FILTER_TV_AUDIO=Emuzed EvcapMaui TvAudio
FILTER_ENCODER=Emuzed EvcapMaui Encoder

Thanks,
Greg
Using the info in the XML above and taking info from the post http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=2209, I used graphedit and played video. The audio didn't work, but I really don't know what I am doing anyway. I am attaching the graph I made.

Greg
Can you post a screenshot? The GRF files arent portable between machines, and I also dont have the Emuzed card drivers in my machine, so I wouldnt be able to load it.
I finally figured a way to post a screenshot. You can get it here.

Emuzed Maui-I HP Graph

As I said earlier, this graph displayed the video on my screen, but I didn't get audio working. That was the first time I ever used graphEdit, so I really didn't know what I was doing.

Between the graph and the XML info earlier you should be able to build a working graph.

As for the drivers, if you have WinXP SP2, they are already on your PC. I didn't have to install anything. Are there any details I cangive you?

Greg
Unfortunately that graph doesnt really hookup the same way as the cards GB-PVR supports, so you may not be able to get it to go.

Are you sure this device has a hardware MPEG2 encoder?

Can you try to produce a graph that captures to an MPEG-2 file, so I can tell you for sure whether it'll work in GB-PVR?
That graph just displayed the video on the screen inside graphEdit. I could also construct the graph the way it says in the XML for MediaPortal. That graph looks like this.

You can look at the details of the card here.

I believe it uses an LSI DVXplore(C-Cube) chip.

As for capturing to an MPEG2 file, could you give an example? I don't know how to make it save to file.

Greg
Pages: 1 2