NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Opinions on PVR-350
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am thinking about buying a pvr-350. I would like to know how well gbpvr works with the mpeg decoding (tv out) of the 350. I have a couple of 150's & 250's, I guess what I am asking is the extra cost of the 350 worth it for the mpeg decoding? I know of places that are selling the 350 for less than $150 (USD).
I wouldnt buy with the intention of using the tv out. Its just too limited, and the drivers are flakey for many users (lockups/reboots/etc).

It's fine as a capture device.
I had nothing but problems with my PVR350 with my VIA based motherboard, since replacing the motherboard with a nforce based one its performed much better

It is limited - no DVD playback but I'm very happy with the TV out quality
no problems too. best tv-out of all.
Quote:best tv-out of all.
providing you only want to watch what you've recorded with the card.
It will not playback avi, dvd, wmv, mov, rm, or any other format, except mpeg-2.
I'd never recommend anyone buying one of those without explicitly trying it first with the motherboard it's gonna be attached to. For a while, so that you really see whether your Mobo has a problem with the card (or vice versa). When there are problems, they are just too much to take. I use mine without the hardware decoding nowadays. Wasted money. Too bad, because tv-out was outstanding on the card.
The 350 has worked like a charm for me. Truely indistinguishable from my live cable feed. I get a minor glitch every few months but, in my opinion, that is better than watching the consistently poor picture I get from my video card.
I bought one for my dedicated Shuttle PVR. It hasn't locked the computer and the video quality is very good, even for programs I've recorded on low quality (for those I'm-gonna-watch-it-once-and-delete shows Smile )
I love mine (now) I had big problems at first with it but Sub worked them all out for me Smile TV out is perfect