NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Recommended blaster???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to quit using Snapstream - simply because I like GBPVR better. But, I have two MyBlaster's that I use in Snapstream to contol two digital cable boxes. Looking for the official answer here - can I get the MyBlasters to work with GBPVR? If not, it looks like the $$$ I was going to buy another tuner with may go to buying more blasters Sad ...which one works "best" with gbpvr?
I dont think the myblaster will work for you. I have a myblaster, and we used to have working myblaster support in GB-PVR, but somewhere along the way users started having problems with it, and I was never able to get my myblaster working again (with any software) so I'm not in a position to investigate/fix. I'm pretty sure my myblaster is dead. I wont be buying a new one.

The USB-UIRT works pretty well.
Thanks for your prompt reply.
What are the chances of an USB-UIRT not working with my STB? I bought a blaster from irblaster.info, and I can't get it to work with winlirc. I'd hate to repeat this mistake. On the other hand, I suppose USB-UIRT is my best shot... what about a 150? Is the support for STBConfused limited? Is there a list of supported STBConfused?
I dont know. There is always the chance it might not work. You could email the USB-UIRT guys and ask them.

Quote:what about a 150? Is the support for STBConfused limited?
Yes, it is quite limited.

Quote:Is there a list of supported STBConfused?
only in the application. What TSB is it and I'll check.
Thank's. I have no idea yet. I'm gonna move in a month or so, and will have to get digital terrestrial. I have to check what boxes there are that I can buy, and give you a list ;-)