NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Audio Video Senders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone any experience of using Audio/Video senders with gbpvr ?

I have a Hauppauge 350 and an MVP

I currently exclusivley use the MVP for viewing, but I'd like to send the output of gbpvr to another TV in the house and rather than buy another MVP I thought I'd investigate using a Audio/Video sender [tescos in the uk have one for £25] against the £50 for another mvp.

I think I could use the output from the 350 and my soundcard as the input to the AV sender is that correct ?

Can I use the 350 output and drive an mvp at the same time [different actual sound & video obviously]

The AV sender claims to be able to send ir codes back to another device would this work with the 350 ?

any help gratefully received

Tkgafs
tkgafs Wrote:Has anyone any experience of using Audio/Video senders with gbpvr ?

I have a Hauppauge 350 and an MVP
I have one of those things. A long time ago I tried setting up the sender/receiver with gbpvr (also a 350). Got black and white picture. Never did investigate it much, but I found it weird. Since then I have gotten a new sender/reciever pair (new brand, the first one broke, and they didn't carry it any longer, so they sent me a new one, that works better in every other aspect, so maybe I'd get color on this one).

tkgafs Wrote:The AV sender claims to be able to send ir codes back to another device would this work with the 350 ?Tkgafs

Most probably, yes. The sender thingy seems to send pretty much any ir. Can't see why it wouldn't work.

If I find the time (I'm about to move soon, packing the place takes all the time and then some) and if I remember it, I could test again with my setup, if no one else answers you before that ;-)