NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Will GBPVR work with this TV-Card?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Just a very quick question, I'm looking to do a test setup using an old TV-Card before launching myself fully into the HTPC/PVR arena. Can anyone let me know if GBPVR will work with a Hauppauge WinTV 880 Video Capture card?

I'm particularly interestested in GBPVRs client server model, if this card is compatible would these features be limited in anyway?

Thanks

DM
If it doesn't have a hardware encoder, it is not officially supported. You might get it to work with the software recorder plugin, though. http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugi...reRecorder

Don't know anything about the client/server model you are talking about.
Thanks, when I eventually get round to installing the card I may have a better idea of its specification.

When I refer to client server model I was simply refering to the impression I had that GBPVR can run on one PC controlling the TV-Cards and media on this, and then stream the content to client PCs or a MediaMVP.

DM
Ah. It will most definitely be able to use the MVP for this. Another pc... well, that's not that is officially supported either, but some users have had some success with that. There are a few threads on this around, but I haven't tried it myself.
Great, thanks.

One more, slightly off topic question if you dont mind; can GBPVR stream any video/audio content to the MediaMVP or is it limited to certain formats?

DM
I don't know. Try that question in the MVP section of the forum. They will certainly know.
Will do. Thanks for all your help.