Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VideoArchiver Help

VideoArchiver Help

Hello - I've installed the videoarchiver plugin, download two of the latest skins (BlueMCE2 and XMEDIA), and checked the box next to videoarchiver in the config/plugin/menu and plugins dialog box. However, a videoarchiver "button" does not appear in GB-PVR; all of the other plugins I check and uncheck will appear and dissapear thought. I tried reinstalling with no success. Does anybody know why this is happening? I am a newbie but a fast learner.

The Video Archive plugin says "Video" on the button, so maybe you already have it. If not try changing to the blue skin to rule out a skin problem

Thank you - I was thrown off a bit. I have one more newbie question. It says on the description that this plugin can do "DVD to MPEG conversion functions." How would I begin this process - from what I understand it's all automated so that I can rip a DVD, store it, and stream it (both video and audio) to the MVP? I've downloaded all of the appropriate software (e.g., DVDDecrypter). Is there some application I use, or a button I press?

I also failed to mention that if I do press the "DVD to mpeg" button, I get the error "Access to the Path D:\System Volume Information\" is denied. Looking at the options, I don't know why this is happening. Your help is much appreciated.

You need to specify a DVD path (in the config app) other than the root directory of your drive. That said, this is a bug that I will put on the list to fix.

Jeff

Hi Jeff - thanks for all of your help. Where would I specify the DVD path? I've tried many different things with no luck.

OK - I see, you have to edit the config.xml file. I did that, and dvd2mpeg opens, and initalizes dvddecrypter, but dvddecrypter fails to rip. I am going to try remapping my dvd drive to d: to see if this fixes anything. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You should not have to edit config.xml by hand. Everything can be set viua the gbovr config app. DVD paths are added on the main tab of the videos plug-in. DVD2MPEG common lines are set on the dvd to Mpeg tab.

Jeff
    Last edited by Jeff; 2005-10-27 at 01:14 AM.

Hi Jeff - I got everything working now, and let me just say I am amazed. No more scratched DVD's from my kids - this is exactly the solution I was looking for. The automation of the DVD ripping to mpeg is flawless. Thanks for all of your help.

Glad it works well for you.

Jeff