Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VideoArchiver Help

Hi Jeff - I have ripped about 10 DVD's now using dvd2mpeg. However, when I go to the "Videos" menu, I can only see 4 videos listed. None of the others are appearing. All of my ripped dvds are in the same folder, so I am not sure why this is happening. I have attempted to set the "archive" and "dvd" paths in "videos" plugin in the config menu (thinking this is the problem), but when I leave the config and go back they are missing. Is this a bug? Am I missing something?

If you look in the jeff sub directory you will see a file with a name of either archiver-PC-DVD List.log or archiver-MVP-DVD List.log (or both). This log will show you what the plug-in saw when scanning the dvd directory. If things still aren;t working, you can zip the .log files in the jeff directory along with your config.xml file and I can take a look if you post them.

Jeff

Hi Jeff - I have attached the files. All I can see are Bear in the Big Blue House.. Live, BITBGH - Bear for All Seasons, Land before Time XI, and Thomas' Sodor Adventure (feel free to laugh at the titles). I can't see any of the other movies. I have edited all the movies I can and cannot see with the DVD Info Editor.

Nothing obvious from the log. One thing that I thought of, however, is that DVDs are not supposed to be shown in the same list as recordings. You need to press the yellow button to get to the dvd list.

The differnces between the recordings list and the dvd lists are (i) for the show list images for each directory; for DVDs they are fetched for each file and (ii) shows have a delete option in the menu; dvds do not.

Next time you rip a dvd and it doesn't work, zip up all the log files then along with your config.xml file, before you manualy add the dvd, and maybe I can find something.

Jeff