Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PVR150 Timestamp issue - new drivers.

PVR150 Timestamp issue - new drivers.

If you're having timestamp issues, I have some new drivers you can try. These drivers are pre-release drivers, so have only been lightly tested, but initial feedback has been positive.

You can download these drivers from http://www.gbpvr.com/drivers/060223-...PreRelease.zip

After installing the drivers, you'll need to add the following registry settings:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\hcwPP2\DriverData
    "HcwTimeStampIssue1"=dword:00000001
    "HcwTimeStampIssue2"=dword:00000000

YOU NEED TO REBOOT AFTER SETTING THOSE REGISTRY SETTINGS

I would appreciate if anyone that does try them, could they also post a note to let me know how they get on.

Thanks Hauppauge for looking into this, and thanks to groover_km for being the guinea pig.

EDIT: zehd has kindly written a wiki page describing this timestamp error, so for more info read: http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tips/TimeStampIssue

Sure, try it and let us know how you get on.

Quote Originally Posted by sub
    If you're having timestamp issues, I have some new drivers you can try. These drivers are pre-release drivers, so have only been lightly tested, but initial feedback has been positive.

You can download these drivers from http://www.gbpvr.com/drivers/060223-...PreRelease.zip

After installing the drivers, you'll need to add the following registry settings:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\hcwPP2\DriverData
    "HcwTimeStampIssue1"=dword:00000001
    "HcwTimeStampIssue2"=dword:00000000

I would appreciate if anyone that does try them, could they also post a note to let me know how they get on.

Thanks Hauppauge for looking into this, and thanks to groover_km for being the guinea pig.
    Loaded them up.....I'll give them a try....

Recorded several 2 minute segements running at the same time( all 3 tuners) while watching a recorded video without issue.

Recorded 3 10 minute segments at the same time (all 3 tunners) while watching a recorded show....no issue.

Recorded 3 30 minute segments at the same time (all 3 tunners) while watching a recorded show....no issue.

I am debating if the quaility is less then it was....but I am not sure yet.

Recorded several 2 minute segements running at the same time( all 3 tuners) while watching a recorded video without issue.

Recorded 3 10 minute segments at the same time (all 3 tunners) while watching a recorded show....no issue.

Recorded 3 30 minute segments at the same time (all 3 tunners) while watching a recorded show....no issue.
    That sounds good.

BTW, what motherboard chipset does your machine use?

I am debating if the quaility is less then it was....
    I'd think that was unlikely.

In playing w/ those driver (w/o that reg switch on) and others recently w/ the bug, I found it to be totally random. Two 30min shows could go fine, but a 15min show says 1min, and an hour show says 37.

Best test is to pick random stuff overnight or while you're at work, and check them all for length later.

The registry settings are required, otherwise its pretty much the same as any previous driver

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. YOU NEED TO REBOOT AFTER SETTING THOSE REGISTRY SETTINGS

I've still got the drivers on my machine, and I haven't seen a bad timeline yet. I have done what Capone suggested and recorded anything and everything, back to back, channel change, while using the machine for other stuff... all in an attempt to stress test them. Seemed to pass okay.

As far as quality goes, I think they are as good as any drivers I have tried and - bonus - I haven't had to mess around with ProcAmp / Tweak_Tool / Reg settings like I've had to in the past.

So, fingers crossed.

And as sub says.... don't forget to reboot like I did
    Celeron D 2.53GHz, 1024MB
    120GB, 160GB int, 80GB, 250GB ext, 40GB lan HDDs
    PVR-150 retail, 1 wired MVP, 1 wireless MVP, OFA URC-8910 Remote
    Look for me on XBox Live!

Quote Originally Posted by sub
    That sounds good.

BTW, what motherboard chipset does your machine use?

I'd think that was unlikely.
    nVIDIA.