Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Calendar plugin

Thanks for the suggestions guys - I will try some out!
    Core2-E2180, 1G RAM, 1Gb-5450 Silent, 2Tb +300g HDDs.
    Three tuners: Twinhan DVB-T x 1, Hauppauge Nova 500T (dual)

DTB Digital SD + HD content (PAL-MPEG2-AC3).
    Custom case made very quiet. Zalman CPU cooler.
    Sits in rack with other HiFi.

ParaLED to show tuner activity.

Display: 42" 1920x1080p Panasonic Plasma

1x wired MVP
    1x PC client

some more advice please?

Quote Originally Posted by ricklous
    Id second Sunbird....but Rainlender is also very good. it displays your calender right on the desktop in a very unobtrusive fashion. skinnable too, and works with Ical files. If you just want the basics id say give it a go.
    Thanks Ricklous. I like what I see of Rainlender and it will read the calender straight out of my outlook pst. Great! Unobtrusive is right.

But I can't find Rainlender stores its own data. because I think I want to point the calender plugin to this file?

I see Rainlender with read ical but not convinced that it will create and maintain an ical file.

1x wired MVP
    1x PC client

It stores its own 'ini' format data in c:\documents and settings\your user name\Application data\Rainlender, but its in an 'ini' format which i doubt is compatible with the Calender plugin. I wouldnt worry though, in the past ive set it to read/write both my outlook pst file and read/write my ical file and it updates to both. I dont think you can actually create the initial ical file with rainlender but you can definatly maintain it.

If you are trying to get the data in your outlook calender into the calender plugin and editable by outlook and rainlender, the way i would go about it would be to use the remotecalender plugin to publish your outlook calender to an ical file, and point the calender plugin to this file, but point rainlender to outlook. that way you can edit rainlender, which will update outlook, which will update the published iCal file which will update the Calender plugin....i think!

a bit of experimentation is called for but i reckon you could get it working.
    Building PVR-Only Machine for non-tech Uncle and Aunt:

Celeron 2.4, 1gig ram. Insight P4-ITX (mini-itx) mobo, 250w Shuttle silent PSU, slmline DVD rewriter, 40gig system HDD, 150gig Media HDD, Dual Riser holding Hauppauge PVR 350 and Nova-T, along with Nova-T USB2. MCE Remote 2005. Antique Art-Deco Radio for use as case when uncle finds one...

Time for a brew first though

Quote Originally Posted by ricklous
    the way i would go about it would be to use the remotecalender plugin to publish your outlook calender to an ical file, and point the calender plugin to this file, but point rainlender to outlook. that way you can edit rainlender, which will update outlook, which will update the published iCal file which will update the Calender plugin....i think!
    Quite simple really
    My Projects
    Programs Plugin (retired) | Volume OSD Plugin (retired) | Documentation Wiki (retired)

what was the question again ??

Seriously thanks. I will give it a try. (slowly, step at a time.....)

1x wired MVP
    1x PC client