Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: High Definition

I have a friend who runs Windows MCE as his PVR. I have been trying to get him to change to GBPVR. Up until now he has been happy with MCE so he didn't switch. But now he has a nice High Definition setup (110" screen and kick ass surround sound, like watching TV in a movie theater&#33, and when I mentioned GBPVR again he said it would be worth it to him to change if GBPVR would work fully in HD mode. So my questions are:

1) Will GBPVR do HD?

2) If yes, what cards (capture and tv out) are recommended?

3) If no, is support planned?

Thanks (as always) sub.
    -CodeMonkey

It doesnt currently support HD (unless you're lucky enough to find an HD card that connects it's Directshow filters in pretty much the same way as the PVR250, just with different names).

We dont havd HD here in New Zealand, so I'm really dependant on someone helping out with this. That said I have a framework in GB-PVR for developers to write their own recorder plugins. I've posted information in the past about the interface that would be required. I imagine it will be added in the future. Someone will want it enough to help me implement it.

I would offer, but I don't have HD either. Too many toys available and too little money to spend on them
    -CodeMonkey

do the hd cards work in gbpvr, but just don't record in hd?

This is a very post you bought back from the dead, and no longer accurate.

For the last month or so GB-PVR has supported HDTV cards for both watching TV and recording.

oh...my bad. Is there a forum that has a list of cards that people have been having having sucess with? I was going to buy the ati card, but I saw a report of people having problems with it. Any suggestions? or does the ati card work good in gbpvr?

Its pretty early days for HDTV support, but in theory any card with BDA compliant drivers should work. We havnt seen too much feedback yet (positive or negative), but the cards I know people have been using are:

Fusion HDTV Gold-T
    Fusion HDTV5 Lite
    PCHDTV 3000
    ATI HDTV Wonder

is there any way to get some feed back about them?

and thanks for the list!!

I'm not in the US and have no access to HDTV broadcasts, so cant really give you any first hand information myself.

If you use the forum search feature you'll find some feedback on the Fusion devices. I dont think there is much else on the others except to say they're working.

I may be the first then...I'm still really considering it now that I know it should =\ work with gbpvr.

BTW. This is one of the best programs I have ever used! Thanks