Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Supporting the OnAir USB HDTV GT - Issues

sub,
    I've got a revised (beta) BDA driver that WORKS with GB-PVR I have done only basic testing with it to see if the major functions work, and they do! Is there a set of features you would suggest running through to test a particular piece of hardware? (Example... viewing, changing channels, recording, etc...)

If the driver is okay with GBPVR (and okay with other BDA-compatible applications), we'll get this release out to the public. (EDIT: If anyone has the GT and would like to give the beta driver a try... contact me via PM, email (tech@autumnwave.com), or at our website http://www.autumnwave.com )

Just wanted to update the thread and let you know that The GT now supports GB-PVR! (in beta)

Thanks for your assistance in getting it to work properly.
    - Ryan Pertusio

AutumnWave Technical Support
    OnAir Solution North America

Well done.

I'll add it to the master bda.ini. Was the section still the same as one listed on the previous page?

[USB HDTV-GT AVStream TS Capture]
    TUNING_TYPE=ATSC
    FILTER_TUNER=USB HDTV-GT BDA Tuner (ATSC)
    FILTER_CAPTURE=USB HDTV-GT AVStream TS Capture
    PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
    PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
    PIN_CAPTURE_IN=MPEG2 Transport
    PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport

sub,

Yes, the information remains the same. Thanks.

- Ryan Pertusio

Ok thanks. I've renamed it [OnAir USB HDTV-GT] to be more consistant with the naming of other devices.

sweet... and this supports QAM too right? .. so there is nothing to stop me from getting HD/Digital(locals) over cable system, and use this kewl piece of hardware?

I dont think it supports QAM via BDA.

SniperDude,
    As sub indicates, the QAM tuning is not available with the GB-PVR software, but rather only with our (manufacturer's) provided program. This is true for many other tuners, as Microsoft's specifications do not currently allow QAM tuning using BDA drivers.

Thanks,
    - Ryan Pertusio

EDIT: As of v0.98.13, sub has added QAM support for the OnAir GT!!
    Last edited by rpertusio; 2006-10-24 at 12:23 PM.

ahh thanks for the heads up... I thought maybe sub and yourself were working on making it so gbpvr could do it... maybe I read the thread wrong...

my mistake... thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by rpertusio
    If the driver is okay with GBPVR (and okay with other BDA-compatible applications), we'll get this release out to the public.
    Update: The release is available publicly! If you have the OnAir GT, download driver v1.2.5.4 or later to work with GB-PVR. (You may also need to modify the bda.ini as mentioned earlier in the thread.)

Thanks,
    - Ryan Pertusio

I'd be interested to hear how this device gets on with the new ATSC channel scanning stuff that was implemented for the next release. It was provided early as a patch in this thread: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=19718.

It basically involves installing http://www.gbpvr.com/atsc-scan5.zip, then hitting the 'map digital channels to epg channels' button to initiate a scan.

It has worked very well with the few ATSC device that have been tested so far, with the exception of the ATI HDTV Wonder which doesnt work at all.