Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: UbuStream plugin - support

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Marin County, California
    Posts
    764

    UbuStream plugin - support

    Please use this thread for any support issues regarding UbuStream.

    Other relevant threads can be found here and here and here (or just do a search for "UbuStream").

    Other useful info can be found on the UbuStream wiki page
    GBPVR v1.3.11 HVR-1250, ES7300, 4GB, GeForce 9300, LianLi, Vista.
    GBPVR v1.0.08 PVR-150, P4 2.26GHz, 1GB, GeForce 6200, Coupden, XP

    Author: UbuStream plugin, UbuRadio plugin, EPGExtra utility.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    604
    I use Ubustream only for webradio, and it works fine. Exept for one little detail... I would like to keep the win media player out of focus at all times! It's a nuiscence, since I havn't found a way to close it with my MCE-remote!
    As I understand it, wmp "takes over" the screen automattically as it starts. It would be nice with some script in the background that lets's GBpvr take back focus, if you know what I mean. (Or if there is one with a tip how to close the d*mn thing with the MCE-remote...)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Marin County, California
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by 7ore View Post
    I use Ubustream only for webradio, and it works fine. Exept for one little detail... I would like to keep the win media player out of focus at all times! It's a nuiscence, since I havn't found a way to close it with my MCE-remote!
    As I understand it, wmp "takes over" the screen automattically as it starts. It would be nice with some script in the background that lets's GBpvr take back focus, if you know what I mean. (Or if there is one with a tip how to close the d*mn thing with the MCE-remote...)
    If you can set one of the buttons on your remote to send the Alt-F4 keystroke combo, this will close the window that currently has focus. For most players you have to press the button twice - once to exit from fullscreen, once to close the app. (For Hauppauge remotes, for instance, I have the line "GRNPOWER={alt}{f4}" in the DEFAULT section of my irremote.ini file. Or, to confine it to a specific app, you can put it in the section for that media player. Using "GRNPOWER={sys(0xF060)}" also seems to work.). I haven't found a key combo to minimize the player. Microsoft thoughtfully provides one to minimize all windows, but that's not very helpful.

    There is a setting in the UbuStream config that allows you to specify whether all streams should be run in fullscreen or in windowed mode. I'd like to add an option "Run audio in minimized mode" which would run the player in minimized mode, leaving the focus on the GB-PVR window. The problem is how you would then close the player (to stop the stream playing) since it no longer has focus. I was thinking of adding a "Stop" button to the UbuStream menu. What do you think?
    GBPVR v1.3.11 HVR-1250, ES7300, 4GB, GeForce 9300, LianLi, Vista.
    GBPVR v1.0.08 PVR-150, P4 2.26GHz, 1GB, GeForce 6200, Coupden, XP

    Author: UbuStream plugin, UbuRadio plugin, EPGExtra utility.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,129
    Quote Originally Posted by ubu View Post
    I The problem is how you would then close the player (to stop the stream playing) since it no longer has focus. I was thinking of adding a "Stop" button to the UbuStream menu. What do you think?
    That would be so great. WAF would increase by tons. I have just started to try out this, and it's great! The only problem is to stop playing, like 7ore already said. I use the USB-UIRT as input to gbpvr, and hence cannot configure it to send alt-f4 A stop button would be great, if you could do that. And if you could in any way stop the previous stream when I click on another radio station to play it, so I don't have to listen to two at a time
    I'm not always right
    GB-PVR 1.2.9
    Accent HT-400 Case, AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 1024MB, 1TB+300GB+180GB, WinXP Pro-SP2, NVidia 7600GT
    Nova-T USB2, PVR-350 recording from Dilog 355 DVB-T box, USB-UIRT (receiving & transmitting)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Marin County, California
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    That would be so great. WAF would increase by tons. I have just started to try out this, and it's great! The only problem is to stop playing, like 7ore already said. I use the USB-UIRT as input to gbpvr, and hence cannot configure it to send alt-f4 A stop button would be great, if you could do that. And if you could in any way stop the previous stream when I click on another radio station to play it, so I don't have to listen to two at a time
    The new version of UbuStream (v2.0) now has a Stop button, a configuration option to play audio streams with the player minimized (the GB-PVR message line displays "Playing blah-blah station" so you know what's going on) and, yes, selecting a new station will close the player if it is currently playing a stream. I hope to make a beta version available soon (I trust I can sign you up for the beta test program ). Believe me, raising the WAF is my highest priority!

    I'm not always right
    Despite your signature line, I find you often are.
    GBPVR v1.3.11 HVR-1250, ES7300, 4GB, GeForce 9300, LianLi, Vista.
    GBPVR v1.0.08 PVR-150, P4 2.26GHz, 1GB, GeForce 6200, Coupden, XP

    Author: UbuStream plugin, UbuRadio plugin, EPGExtra utility.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,129
    Quote Originally Posted by ubu View Post
    The new version of UbuStream (v2.0) now has a Stop button, a configuration option to play audio streams with the player minimized (the GB-PVR message line displays "Playing blah-blah station" so you know what's going on) and, yes, selecting a new station will close the player if it is currently playing a stream.
    You're great! Really looking forward to that. I spent some time yesterday figuring out how to find the *real* uri:s for my favorite radio stations. It was a bit tricky, but I found them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ubu View Post
    I hope to make a beta version available soon (I trust I can sign you up for the beta test program ).
    Absolutely. Since this requires no capture card, this is something I can test whereever (read: on my work computer )
    I'm not always right
    GB-PVR 1.2.9
    Accent HT-400 Case, AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 1024MB, 1TB+300GB+180GB, WinXP Pro-SP2, NVidia 7600GT
    Nova-T USB2, PVR-350 recording from Dilog 355 DVB-T box, USB-UIRT (receiving & transmitting)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,129
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    I spent some time yesterday figuring out how to find the *real* uri:s for my favorite radio stations. It was a bit tricky, but I found them
    If they prove to not change over time, I'll add them to world wide media project.
    I'm not always right
    GB-PVR 1.2.9
    Accent HT-400 Case, AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 1024MB, 1TB+300GB+180GB, WinXP Pro-SP2, NVidia 7600GT
    Nova-T USB2, PVR-350 recording from Dilog 355 DVB-T box, USB-UIRT (receiving & transmitting)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Marin County, California
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    If they prove to not change over time, I'll add them to world wide media project.
    As long as you keep them up to date on the Worldwide Media Project, you'll be able to keep them up to date in UbuStream automatically by using the new WMP AutoSynch option which will cause UbuStream to download your WMP favorite stations list and update your station database each time the plugin runs (yet another feature to be found in the forthcoming UbuStream v2.0 release ). And, anyway, Dinki will be pleased if you add yet more stations to WMP.
    GBPVR v1.3.11 HVR-1250, ES7300, 4GB, GeForce 9300, LianLi, Vista.
    GBPVR v1.0.08 PVR-150, P4 2.26GHz, 1GB, GeForce 6200, Coupden, XP

    Author: UbuStream plugin, UbuRadio plugin, EPGExtra utility.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,129
    Cool.... at first when I read this, I thought you meant WMP = Windows Media Player, but I guess you don't
    I'm not always right
    GB-PVR 1.2.9
    Accent HT-400 Case, AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 1024MB, 1TB+300GB+180GB, WinXP Pro-SP2, NVidia 7600GT
    Nova-T USB2, PVR-350 recording from Dilog 355 DVB-T box, USB-UIRT (receiving & transmitting)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Marin County, California
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    Cool.... at first when I read this, I thought you meant WMP = Windows Media Player, but I guess you don't
    I know - accronym hell! Actually, I just arbitrarily picked that one because I'm too lazy to type Worldwide Media Project all the time and, besides, it's too long to fit on the UbuStream config menus and buttons. Maybe I should have chosen WWMP instead. (BTW - Microsoft makes a media player now? I wouldn't know. I just use VLC for everything ).
    GBPVR v1.3.11 HVR-1250, ES7300, 4GB, GeForce 9300, LianLi, Vista.
    GBPVR v1.0.08 PVR-150, P4 2.26GHz, 1GB, GeForce 6200, Coupden, XP

    Author: UbuStream plugin, UbuRadio plugin, EPGExtra utility.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •