Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44

Thread: UbuStream plugin - support

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,129

    I've started my project of adding Swedish radio stations now. Let's see how far I get during lunch
    I'm not always right
    GB-PVR 1.2.9
    Accent HT-400 Case, AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 1024MB, 1TB+300GB+180GB, WinXP Pro-SP2, NVidia 7600GT
    Nova-T USB2, PVR-350 recording from Dilog 355 DVB-T box, USB-UIRT (receiving & transmitting)

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    604
    What's happened here?!?! Been busy for a couple of days and came back to get updated. What do I find. Not only has the thread been taken over by another swede, but one with the same name as myself.

    Well, just as well that. I like the results and will try out the ß-version ASAP. So if you'd like you can sign me up to do some testing as i get back home.
    (Can't do it right away, as I'm attending a course in exploratory testing right now...)
    Last edited by 7ore; 2006-11-13 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Adding some stuff

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,129
    Just so there are no misunderstandings - I have added all of the SR stations to the world wide media project, but I have not started on a mini plugin yet. I don't know if I will. I would like to, but I need an example to start with, and a heap load of extra time
    I'm not always right
    GB-PVR 1.2.9
    Accent HT-400 Case, AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 1024MB, 1TB+300GB+180GB, WinXP Pro-SP2, NVidia 7600GT
    Nova-T USB2, PVR-350 recording from Dilog 355 DVB-T box, USB-UIRT (receiving & transmitting)

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Marin County, California
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan View Post
    Just so there are no misunderstandings - I have added all of the SR stations to the world wide media project, but I have not started on a mini plugin yet. I don't know if I will. I would like to, but I need an example to start with, and a heap load of extra time
    That's great! Now you can download them all back into UbuStream using the WWMP interface in the new version (See my beta announcement). I'll be uploading the source for my "sample" Dynamic Source mini plugin apps, along with the dll that does most of the work, in the next few days. Then you'll only have "time" as an excuse.
    GBPVR v1.3.11 HVR-1250, ES7300, 4GB, GeForce 9300, LianLi, Vista.
    GBPVR v1.0.08 PVR-150, P4 2.26GHz, 1GB, GeForce 6200, Coupden, XP

    Author: UbuStream plugin, UbuRadio plugin, EPGExtra utility.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    France
    Posts
    141
    Got an error trying to import a classical m3u list : Null Schedule_URL not allowed ....

    Joined the playlist for testing purpose... but i guess no one else except french people would be able to test streams after importation
    Last edited by n@boleo; 2006-12-07 at 08:25 PM.
    Pentium IV 1.4Ghz, 640 Mo RAMBUS, 2x PVR250, Maxtor 160 Go cache 8Mo, LG 17" LCD, Antec Overture modded case, Matrix Orbital LCD 2*20

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Marin County, California
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by n@boleo View Post
    Got an error trying to import a classical m3u list : Null Schedule_URL not allowed ....

    Joined the playlist for testing purpose... but i guess no one else except french people would be able to test streams after importation
    My bad! I guess I was testing with the database constraints turned off. This should fix it: Attachment 8147 - just copy it into gbpvr\Plugins. (It even preserves l'accent egue, l'accent grave and l'accent circonflexe in the station names, I'm pleased to see.)

    You're right, the stations won't play for me. Interestingly, WMP won't import the playlist but VLC imports it fine and tries valiantly to play the streams but is (of course) unable to resolve the rtsp addresses.
    GBPVR v1.3.11 HVR-1250, ES7300, 4GB, GeForce 9300, LianLi, Vista.
    GBPVR v1.0.08 PVR-150, P4 2.26GHz, 1GB, GeForce 6200, Coupden, XP

    Author: UbuStream plugin, UbuRadio plugin, EPGExtra utility.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    France
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by ubu View Post
    This should fix it: Attachment 8147 - just copy it into gbpvr\Plugins. (It even preserves l'accent egue, l'accent grave and l'accent circonflexe in the station names, I'm pleased to see.)
    Importation is working now, but i had a strange behavior then :
    -Removed old ubustream.xml files
    -Launched config.exe -> Misc -> Plugin -> Ubustream -> settings = crash
    -Tried again and again, still crashing and no way to do importation...

    So I directly launched GBPVR\Plugins\UbuStreamConfig.exe and importation went prefect, even accents (i did not tried if it allows ï (i tréma), à (a accent grave), ç (c cédille) or ô (o accent circonflexe) but I guess your plugin handles them the same way than others)

    So i did another test
    -Removed xml files again,
    -Launches setting using config.exe
    -Did not validate/close the error dialog box
    -Changed a setting inside UbuStreamConfig app
    -Exited UbuStreamConfig using save then quit menu
    -Started config.exe again and no more crash !! Importation can be done and saved

    Quote Originally Posted by ubu View Post
    You're right, the stations won't play for me. Interestingly, WMP won't import the playlist but VLC imports it fine and tries valiantly to play the streams but is (of course) unable to resolve the rtsp addresses.
    That is the normal behavior, my ISP (www.free.fr) is providing TV over DSL streams with this playlist, but only specific hardware and lines/IP adresses can receive it. They even devellopped their own player called freeplayer, based on VLC. It does explain everything.

    Will try more testing this week-end (can't find the plugin in gbpvr app yet but im not using the blue skin) and will provide feedback. Do you need any specific logs/files to identify the described crash ?
    Last edited by n@boleo; 2006-12-08 at 07:07 PM.
    Pentium IV 1.4Ghz, 640 Mo RAMBUS, 2x PVR250, Maxtor 160 Go cache 8Mo, LG 17" LCD, Antec Overture modded case, Matrix Orbital LCD 2*20

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Marin County, California
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by n@boleo View Post
    -Launched config.exe -> Misc -> Plugin -> Ubustream -> settings = crash
    Can you define "crash" a bit more precisely. Did you get an error message dialog box? What did it say?

    So I directly launched GBPVR\Plugins\UbuStreamConfig.exe and importation went prefect, even accents (i did not tried if it allows ï (i tréma), à (a accent grave), ç (c cédille) or ô (o accent circonflexe) but I guess your plugin handles them the same way than others)
    Should do.

    Will try more testing this week-end (can't find the plugin in gbpvr app yet but im not using the blue skin) and will provide feedback. Do you need any specific logs/files to identify the described crash ?
    Not all skins will support the new version yet but, if the UbuStream skin file is not present, it should default to the Blue skin version. If you were using a previous version of UbuStream you should probably delete (or rename) the skin.xml file in the UbuStream folder for the skin you are using. If the plugin doesn't show up in the gbpvr main menu, look in the gbpvr.exe.log file for an error message that should explain the problem. If it doesn't make sense to you, post the log file on this thread and I'll take a look.
    GBPVR v1.3.11 HVR-1250, ES7300, 4GB, GeForce 9300, LianLi, Vista.
    GBPVR v1.0.08 PVR-150, P4 2.26GHz, 1GB, GeForce 6200, Coupden, XP

    Author: UbuStream plugin, UbuRadio plugin, EPGExtra utility.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    France
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by ubu View Post
    Can you define "crash" a bit more precisely. Did you get an error message dialog box? What did it say?
    Crash means application stop abruptly. This apply to both UbuStreamConfig.exe and config.exe processes.
    Error dialog box is a generic one, only saying that gbpvr produce an error and must be closed. No more detail is provided. Furthermore, the only error I can identify inside logs is a little incompatibility between weather plugin and CommonGBPVRUtilities. Logs, xml and screenshots provided. Hope it helps.

    Quote Originally Posted by ubu View Post
    Not all skins will support the new version yet but, if the UbuStream skin file is not present, it should default to the Blue skin version. If you were using a previous version of UbuStream you should probably delete (or rename) the skin.xml file in the UbuStream folder for the skin you are using. If the plugin doesn't show up in the gbpvr main menu, look in the gbpvr.exe.log file for an error message that should explain the problem. If it doesn't make sense to you, post the log file on this thread and I'll take a look.
    Switch to blue skin and menu is back...
    Pentium IV 1.4Ghz, 640 Mo RAMBUS, 2x PVR250, Maxtor 160 Go cache 8Mo, LG 17" LCD, Antec Overture modded case, Matrix Orbital LCD 2*20

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Marin County, California
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by n@boleo View Post
    Error dialog box is a generic one, only saying that gbpvr produce an error and must be closed. No more detail is provided. Furthermore, the only error I can identify inside logs is a little incompatibility between weather plugin and CommonGBPVRUtilities. Logs, xml and screenshots provided. Hope it helps.
    The first gif you attached is simply the informational message UbuStream gives you when it creates default media players in the database (when you first run it). It is simply telling you that you the specified media players don't appear to be installed on your system and that you should install them if you want to play streams that use them. (In your case: RealPlayer, Winamp and QuickTime).

    The second gif doesn't tell us much, I agree. The config.exe.log does seem to indicate that the Weather plugin is having a problem with the Common GBPVR Utilities library (an incorrect version?) but nothing indicating a problem with UbuStream. The UbuStream.xml file looks ok except that I notice it only loaded one of the Dynamic Source apps (YouTube) whereas I would expect to see all of them there. So, a bit of a mystery. Let me know if you come across any more "clues". Sounds like you're up and running now, in any case.

    Switch to blue skin and menu is back...
    Well that's good. I was just pointing out that you should be able to use any skin with UbuStream since it defaults to using the Blue skin if it can't find a skin.xml file for the current skin. If, however, you have an old UbuStream skin.xml in the Ubustream directory of the current skin, it will cause problems, so you should delete it.
    GBPVR v1.3.11 HVR-1250, ES7300, 4GB, GeForce 9300, LianLi, Vista.
    GBPVR v1.0.08 PVR-150, P4 2.26GHz, 1GB, GeForce 6200, Coupden, XP

    Author: UbuStream plugin, UbuRadio plugin, EPGExtra utility.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •