Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MusicLibrary2: v4.4

Quote Originally Posted by psycik View Post
    That should be possible, and i suppose makes more sense than move to previous track.

Have to look at the second one. I think it would be ok to do. So it would work as you described, but would jump back to the currently playing track when the track changes....cos I kind of like to know where I'm up to...
    I agree... if the track changes while you're going through the playlist, it should jump back to the track that's just starting.

First and big thanks for fixing my "case sensitivity" problem in this release.

Now:

Did I read you right in that getting Album Art out of the MP3 Tags should now work? I can get the "folder.jpg" mechnaism to work on a small sample, but the Album Art inside the MP3s don't show. Should they?

I removed old copies, installed the latest version, deleted old ML2 databases, and did a full rescan (actually a rescan on a small sample of the music). I am using SQLite, so the database was recreated fine. I took a peek inside the database and those albums with a folder.jpg have hasArt set to 1 and those without, but still having AlbumArt in the MP3s, have hasArt set to 0.

If I have to use the folder.jpg mechanism, then do you know of a utility which will go round and extract AlbumArt? Otherwise I'll have to write one!!

Great Plug In.

Mel.

I had album art displaying fixed. I still haven't got a way of displaying embedded album art.

Quote Originally Posted by melearp
    If I have to use the folder.jpg mechanism, then do you know of a utility which will go round and extract AlbumArt? Otherwise I'll have to write one!!
    If you know of where I could get some code for displaying it....or can figure it out, I would gratefully include it!!

I did try to look before but I am more of a Java person than a dotnet person so it's a bit hard for me. Now if you want a Java library there are lots!

This isn't a show stopper but it would be nice :-) I just wanted to know that I wasn't going mad (again). This software stuff drives you insane, and has been doing for many years.

Actually I don't mind a java library - if it's simple enough I may be able to port it.

delay while picking random playlist.

hi psycik - just wondering what determines the time it takes for ML2 to create it's random playlist - is it down to the size of the collection, or number of folders, or something else? It seems to be getting quicker with each version (not sure if this is deliberate or not) but there's still a noticable delay of a few seconds where GBPVR freezes up while it's 'thinking'.
    It would be good if you could either add a progress bar, so I can tell that it's received the remote press OK (sometimes I sit there thinking it's working it's magic, only to find that the button press hasn't made it across the room) or even better get it to do a 'quick pick' of one track to play immediately and then let it fill up the rest of the list in the background (as it does when picking a new list at the end of each random playlist).

Anyways, not sure how feasible these would be, and minor comments really considering how good the plugin is.
    Thanks
    Server: Win7 N | AMD Phenom II X4 3.2GHz | 4Gig RAM | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 Mobo | 5TB+ HDDs | 2x BlackGold Twin HD DVB-T| ATI HD 5450 | Cambridge Audio DAC Magic
    Client 1: OpenElec / XBMC | Dell GX280 P4 3.4GHz |2Gig RAM | ATI HD 5450 | SPDIF pass through
    Client 2: OpenElec / XBMC | Dell GX280 P4 3.4GHz |2Gig RAM | ATI HD 5450 | C-MEDIA USB DAC
    Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 4.4.2 Cyanogenmod 11

I think the delay is probably while it goes and gets a list of ALL the tracks in the collection - do you have Random All all or something like that set in the config??

The quick pick is not a bad idea - but it will be generally down to the state of the tracks held in memory - if there's only one track in memory I have to play it, or go get some more.

I'll be getting back into doing some dev on ML2 over the next couple of weeks and can give this some thought. For me I only get about a 1 second delay - but I only have about 3700 tracks....

Oh, the other delay is while it's compiling the list it's checking that the new song it's trying to add doesn't already exist in the playlist....

Some thoughts though....

mine searches about 23000 tracks, which explains that! anyways, good plugin as it stands - i`ll wait to see if you come up with anything clever...
    Server: Win7 N | AMD Phenom II X4 3.2GHz | 4Gig RAM | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 Mobo | 5TB+ HDDs | 2x BlackGold Twin HD DVB-T| ATI HD 5450 | Cambridge Audio DAC Magic
    Client 1: OpenElec / XBMC | Dell GX280 P4 3.4GHz |2Gig RAM | ATI HD 5450 | SPDIF pass through
    Client 2: OpenElec / XBMC | Dell GX280 P4 3.4GHz |2Gig RAM | ATI HD 5450 | C-MEDIA USB DAC
    Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 4.4.2 Cyanogenmod 11

I might have to try and learn some better sql queries then....I might be able to make that generate a random list for me rather than grab everything...

On the subject of Album Art:

I discovered MediaMonkey. I guess lots of people already know, but for those who don't MediaMonkey is free for the basic edition and it is good for those tasks that you didn't think you could do. It also supports scripting.

And that's where it scores (in my view)

I previously posted asking if anyone knew if automatic extraction of Album Art was possible and joked I would write one. Well I don't heave to. It has been done - both ways. The way to do it is:

1. Get MediaMonkey (you won't regret that anyway)
    2. Go to this site http://trixmoto.net/mm/ and look at this guys MM scripts. One of them (AlbumArtTagger32) will do the job (selectively) both ways round.

It works and the result is that I can now get the Album Art displayed by ML2. I can also get better images than I have by using MediaMonkeys Amazon lookup. The US site has quite a lot of higher resolution Art images. I am gradually replacing them as just "folder.jpg" and, with MediaMonkey I have the option of putting those back into the tags if I want.

Great for those who like the Album Art and want tags straight.