Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the new Documentation forum

Hi all,

I have started a wiki with the goal that we all can help sub in creating the much sought-after GB-PVR manual. It's not much there yet, I have recreated subs Quick start guide and FAQ, but I have also created a structure that I belive in, throwing in some (old) texts as starting points.

Sub has also started this forum, so that we can discuss all things related to documentation here.

The wiki can be found at http://www.gbpvr.com/pmwiki

You are all invited to take a look and give feedback here.

Its look like you've made a great start, and hopefully we'll get a few more users that want to contribute and we can fill in a few of the gaps.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I have started a wiki with the goal that we all can help sub in creating the much sought-after GB-PVR manual.
    Well, someone beat me to it

I started a WinWord 2k document to try to capture a lot of information before I delve into my first pvr build. I just sort of captured information that seemed helpful from the Quick Start pages, forums, etc. and pasted them in the doc, updating info as I could. I'd love to help out on this; I've already got screen prints of a full install (for v0.227) & some of the config options. The doc is pretty big (2.3M) because of the screen grabs, but I'd be willing to pass that on for a look-see. PM me for info on how I can register to help out or send the doc file to you!
    [SIZE=1]
    HD PVR: nPVR 4.2.2 with VLC 3.0.3 Std Skin
    ASRock H170M Pro4 LGA 1151 Intel H170 HDMI-out, Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz, 16GB DDR4 2400, Win7 Ultimate x64, Hauppauge Colossus, 1x250GB SSD (System), 1x1TB SATA (Recordings), DirecTV HD22 STB, dtvTune.exe Ethernet channel changer

Running Samsung Smart TV plugin from Fred250

hmm,, I've never heard the term 'wiki' used for anything, but wikipedia entrys..

fini

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (fini @ Nov. 07 2004,18:16)]hmm,, I've never heard the term 'wiki' used for anything, but wikipedia entrys..
    That's a Wiki alright, or WikiWiki as they call it ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki

Can i suggest bagging the domain name gbpvr.info as the domain name for the docs site? This has worked well for dvdshrink and currently its going for $1.95 on godaddy.com

Colin.

We'll move the wiki over to the main GB-PVR site after the next release is out of the way.

is this right?
    <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Action Keyboard Hauppauge Remote Control
    Move back one day in the TV Guide Ctrl-&#91;Left Arrow&#93; SKIP button &#40;&#62;&#124;&#41;
    Move forward one day in the TV Guide Ctrl-&#91;Right Arrow&#93; REPLAY button &#40;&#124;&#60;&#41;
    [/QUOTE]
    shouldnt left be replay and right be skip?

Blader, can we add a new section to the wiki under plugins. Something like Helper Apps, or Utilities. The Add ReOccuring recordings program I wrote really doesn&#39;t fit into the Plugin Section, same goes for the Enhanced Web Admin I&#39;ve been working on as well.

Sure, I&#39;ve added a utilities section, the Tuning assistant probably belongs there as well. The plugin section is quite big so I made it into it&#39;s own section.

I put it below configuration, since I thought it was remotely connected to this, and the Manual section is so long....