Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Graph and TVPI external recorder beta

Removed all the extra files. Here are my config log files (wasn't sure which ones in particular were required.

Thanks for your help.

Found the problem. Plugins weren't enabled. Now I see the GraphRecorder option. Will see if I can progress a bit further now. Sorry for the false alarm.

Okay, really struggling now. I can set Graph Recorder as source, but now I need to build a graph to enable GBPVR to "use" the HVR 1250 cards I have installed. Correct?

1. Has anyone got a simple graph they can share for that device?
    2. Is there a maximum numbver of devices that can be used at one time using this method? (I have 4 devices intended to record 4 separate streams from 4 separate satellite receivers.)

Sorry for the stupid questions but this is all new to me and I'm trying to get this system working for a friend.

Any help to get this working will be appreciated.

Thanks.

I don't have graphs for that card but someone else might. Otherwise it will be a lot of trial and error, although previously posted graphs of other cards may be helpful as a reference.

Good luck!

Hey carpeV - any chance you'd be willing to "port" GraphRecorder to NPVR, assuming NPVR supports such a plug-in? I would really like to keep FW recording as the move to NPVR progresses since I'm too cheap to shell out for a HD-PVR. Graphrecorder could be greatly simplified, if that would help.

Thanks for the consideration.
    HTPC: Optiplex 7010, HDHR Prime/Avermedia Duet A188, NPVR 4.0.4, Win7 Pro
    Test: Asus H110M, Pentium G4500, NPVR 3.9.2, Win7 Home Premium

Quote Originally Posted by mikeh49 View Post
    Hey carpeV - any chance you'd be willing to "port" GraphRecorder to NPVR, assuming NPVR supports such a plug-in? I would really like to keep FW recording as the move to NPVR progresses since I'm too cheap to shell out for a HD-PVR. Graphrecorder could be greatly simplified, if that would help.

Thanks for the consideration.
    I, too, cannot consider using NPVR without the functionality of Graphrecorder (or Externalrecorder) available. I use GBPVR's recording feature primarily to capture live internet broadcasts into a stream that can be used as a TV channel. I don't actually use any of the graphing functionality, but I need something that will intercept a recording request and allow me to launch my own program or batch file to do the streaming.

I know that Carpe has already said that he no longer uses Graphrecorder, but I thought I would add my vote. It is a great plugin.

As far as I know NPVR does not have the APIs or exposed interfaces to support such functionality
    Last edited by carpeVideo; 2011-02-22 at 08:22 PM.

As far as I know NPVR does have the APIs or exposed interfaces to support such functionality
    I'm afraid you meant does not have...right?

If NPVR does not have the interfaces, I suppose we'll have to lobby Sub. Or, perhaps NPVR just does not have the capability.

Maybe it's the Collosus for me.

Thanks.
    HTPC: Optiplex 7010, HDHR Prime/Avermedia Duet A188, NPVR 4.0.4, Win7 Pro
    Test: Asus H110M, Pentium G4500, NPVR 3.9.2, Win7 Home Premium

Yeah, I'd like to make a little noise too, for supporting something like graphrecorder/externalrecorder in npvr. This feature was always kind of fun to play around with. Do we know for sure the API's don't exist for this?