Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Graph and TVPI external recorder beta

Quote Originally Posted by carpeVideo View Post
    Ok - here is the latest -

It forces any mixer in the graph to the input you check (note that the config does not load the graph so it gives you all typical options including some that may not be available on your card). It turns out this was easier than I thought I didn't need the directShow.net libs.

Also if you create a preview Graph that ends at the capture pins preview may work. (Still some debugging here but I got it to work with analog RF preview).

CV
    Thanks, CV. Will try it out when I get a chance.

I was playing around with GraphEdit y'day and was able to build a graph that I thought should work. Unofortunately when I clicked the Play button in graphedit, it popped up the ActiveMovie window with the same results as what the SoftwareRecorder plugin in GBPVR - basically, got sound, no video and it hung the application. I could continue working in other apps, but the only way to close GraphEdit was to power down the computer and restart it.

Next time around, I went through the list of components more closely and added pretty much ALL the components with ATI in them as well as the Default DirectShow and the soundcard's Audio component (the AIW's sound out is connected to the line in of the sound card). Now, when I rendered the pins, it created a slightly different Graph. This graph also didn't work and required another reboot. I think the link you posted to 3dRage website has a post where they mentioned that older versions of AIW cards had more separate components that needed to be "linked" in the graph for playback/recording/etc. I'm thinking I may have missed some components and will try again.

One interesting thing I noticed was there were two entries for some components (e.g. "Overlay Mixer" and "Overlay Mixer 2"). Does this mean anything?

Plus, after adding all the components/filters (incl the audio/video capture filters), all of them were gray in color and none of them were orange (e.g. the "Fusion HDTV WDM Video Capture" filter in the example you posted). How does graphedit determine which components to show in Orange and which ones in Gray? Does it matter that none of the components in my graph show up in Orange? Could I have a different/older(?)/outdated(?) version of graphedit.

Also, where can I get the proppage.dll mentioned in 3DRage link you provided? My download of graphedit did not have proppage.dll (I not only searched the graphedit download folder, but the entire HDD)?

-Topper

I think the proppage may come with the directX sdk from Microsoft that is where graphedt actually comes from.

As to you graph issues I suggest you try to render first and then work on the encoding and isolate audio and video

Drop in the WDM tuner, a crossbar and attach video only, set the property pages of each to TV and a channel, hit render pin on the output of the crossbar to see what happen. If it adds a capture filter and renders you can use that as a base. Otherwise you may have to add the capture after the cross bar and do the same.

I don't know why things turn orange in graphedt so can't help there.

You may have more luck posting to the ATI forum they seem to know more about graphs than anywhere else I have seen.

CV

cool thanx

thanx for the sound thingy.. will test asap..
    i'm coming more and more to respect the job done on the original WDM rec plugin as we go thru the issues involved...such as my capture card doesn't allow all the necessary frame sizes or colorspaces in its own dialogs, but with wdm you can select anything... [like odd sizes,and all colorspaces available etc.]

i always wondered why we couldn't just make a direct.ini entry with the necessary filters since they're all dshow filters..just a longer chain..

i can't find much info on what needs to be specified on the direct.ini for proper operation..like could i specify a complete filter chain? i've tried adding the encoder components to a graph with the tuner, and just rendering the capture output pins would seek to the encoders and complete the graph as it should..
    i think it searches the graph for compatible pins first, and then uses intelliconnect to search if none found in graph..
    so it should work, if i knew what gbpvr required or what it's limits were in direct.ini..

i was thinking manually specifying the graph, up to the point of multiplexed output in direct.ini with all the necessary connections spelled out..
    so basically the end result output would be the same as from a hardware encoder.. just not sure what gbpvr needs to have it happen..
    any ideas anyone?

once i had a card outputting raw video to file..was almost there, then upgraded...lol [overwrote the direct.ini]

topperdude: i've seen tons of graphs for the AIW cards out there on the web.. even with CCaptions it's not very intuitive so you're better off finding one of those...i'll see if i can find the one i had recently..

also, do ya think we can do avi output with this? the encoders can, no problem...among other things..even psp and ipod video directly..
    Hardware: HDHR Prime, HDPVR 1212, Raspberry pi2, VFD display w/LCDSmartie

I am very close to live preview working completely as well, the only issue is when you go back to the menu and back to live preview the graph is black, but if you timeshift it all resets itself and starts working so there should be a hint in there for me.

My issue is sound is not quite in sync with my live preview graph but that is with the graph not the plug-in. Live preview for me makes it obvious which channels the cable companies have compressed the heck out of - which is nice to know since I thought my mpeg graphs were mucking up the picture quality but its really the source.

normanr did a great job, I don't even know how half of what I am doing works but I am learning. I do wish the wierd save the source before altering it wasn't there (the other plugins don't act that way but they are closer to native.)

But creating a graph makes things so flexible - you can write to AVI's it just won't work with timeshifting (in fact I had a graph doing that). I suspect with infinite tees you could write to and AVI and an MPEG at the same time (assuming your CPU can handle the load).

Since there is a way to expose the settings on the graph you might even be able to choose a filter and show options and set it during the plugin config, although I don't want to recreate graph edit.

Once I get live preview working I will do an official release.

*** Live preview is now working - I posted a 1.0 release on the community announcements threads. ***

CV
    Last edited by carpeVideo; 2007-03-23 at 07:07 PM.

graphs

might wanna post a couple of example graph pics to help new users out...
    that was fast! looks like you're learning lots.. much appreciative...
    i'd test now but am recording something with the old version..hehe

topperdude: i'm pretty sure there's a ati wonder graph pics on the wdm thread..
    you'll have to search tho..

so far recordings have worked just fine
    Hardware: HDHR Prime, HDPVR 1212, Raspberry pi2, VFD display w/LCDSmartie

Looks like I finally got a working graph with my AIW Radeon. I am able to record to an mpg file using GBPVR writer. This works in GraphEdit but not GBPVR. Am trying to attach screenshots of the graph, configuration of this plugin and (hopefully) sample mpg file. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    -Topper

Attached the graph and plugin settings in GBPVR. GBPVR does not show any video or record to the file. Am I missing some configuration?

Looks like I finally figured out how to configure the plugin to playback using the graph (check out config screenshots attached). I am able to watch/pause liveTV as well as forward/rewind etc (using version 1 of the plugin from the community forum thread), record, etc.

However - no sound! Initially I assumed the volume on my PC was muted, but then realized Windows media player was also unable to play the sound in the mpg file. When I looked for the codec info using GSpot, it said sound was recorded in MPEG-1 layer 2 and that the codec was already installed.

Could it be some issues with the graph (posted previously) or is it the plugin or something else?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    -Topper

OK - realized that the graph was connecting Audio decoder (from ATI TV Crossbar) to Stereo Mixer on the sound card. However, my AIW is connected to sound card using line in on the sound card. Made that update, but still no sound. See updated graph attached.

So close, yet so far away

Thanks,
    -Topper
    Last edited by topperdude; 2007-03-26 at 05:21 PM.

I think you forgot the screenshot in the file.

Are you tuning or watching captured video? And do you get sound with whatever viewing app came with the card?

CV