Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Graph and TVPI external recorder beta

Is there anyway to take 2 capture sources and treat them as 1. I have played with this plugin and so far it works fairly good. The only problem I am having is I have the s-video from my motorola box hooked up to my PVR150MCE so that I can record encrypted channels. I use the firewire to record unencrypted channels(local HD,Discovery HD.....) but there is no conflict management because GBPVR treats them as seperate capture sources.

That is exactly what I do, I just go in an make sure that the sources have mutually exclusive channels by de-selecting them in the config.

Otherwise you would have to specify each graph by channel and that seems like more of a pain.

My only issues with firewire is that the STB sometimes randomly locks up the firewire connection and channel changing and firewire capture stops working. I don't know if its the driver or something else and there isn't a soft reset that I know of.

I wish I had Discovery and others unlocked - I can only get locals.

CV

The problem is if you select a channel that is only on the s-video(pvr150mce) it will retune the box and mess up the recording. It would not be to bad except that I am also running a client and the kids cartoon channels are on the digital lineup so it retunes the box.

Hmmm,

I need it to tune for the s-video to work since everything is coming from the cable box and I use the firewire to change channels either way.

But I would think that as long as the channels are mutually exclusive it would only tune once (unless the filesize isn't big enough and then it will try a retune).

Can you explain your set up a bit more so I can get a better understanding of the issue.

CV

I have a single motorola box that I run the svideo into the pvr150mce to record or watch most programming(premiums, most digitals that are encrypted). I use the firewire on this box to change channels and to record HD content from the locals and DiscoveryHD. Lets say I have a recording running on DiscoveryHD using the graph capture source and someone on the server or client starts livetv(HBO) which is only available via the pvr150mce/svideo/box then GBPVR will retune the box to HBO since the 2 capture source appear to be different. GBPVR has no way to tell that the box is being used for both capture sources so instead of denying the request it changes channel on the settop.

Aah - I get it I am just being dense. Same issue could happen with recording, I guess I am just careful about it.

I think the best way to handle it without changes to GB-PVR is to perhaps add a second graph tab and allow the user to put channel numbers in for each tab, what do you think?

Yes something that would allow you to have 2 different graphs with channels assigned to each but one capture source. You have done a good job on the plugin so far and this would be icing on the cake for me. As is with the wife and 2 kids on a client/server setup it is hard for me to get them to understand. All they want to do is watch tv.

I'll take a look, don't expect anything before tax time is over ;o)

Thank You

I posted this question on a different forum, but it is worth asking here also since it has been driving me crazy. Where do the input box come from in the grpah? This is the box in the screenshots that have a file name in it. Also, can you just write the stream (.tp) that comes out rather than encoding or copressing to a different format?

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=24141 has a gigantic image of my current graph.

Thx.