Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mux catalogue

Mux catalogue

Finding a mux (multiplexer) that works well can be a little tricky. There are not only different 'brands' but also many different versions.

These muxes are scattered through cyberspace, often as part of large downloads. You might download several different packages only to find they all include the same version of a mux that is not working for you.

I felt it might aid the community to create a catalogue of muxes. This gives users the chance to try several different versions quickly and easily to find the one that works best for you.

To contribute please pm me with the details of what muxes you have. You can use Sub's mux checker, graphedit or direct show filter manager to locate your muxes and extract the file.

These filters can be registered or de-registered by command line or with direct show filter manager.

>>>> These files are now hosted here www.gbpvr.ynosgroup.com - many thanks to wharrad <<<<<

I am not certain that all of these work in GBPVR, but if you find they don't then let me know and I will remove the offender.
    Last edited by wannabepvr; 2007-09-06 at 09:08 PM. Reason: New links
    Core2-E2180, 1G RAM, 1Gb-5450 Silent, 2Tb +300g HDDs.
    Three tuners: Twinhan DVB-T x 1, Hauppauge Nova 500T (dual)

DTB Digital SD + HD content (PAL-MPEG2-AC3).
    Custom case made very quiet. Zalman CPU cooler.
    Sits in rack with other HiFi.

ParaLED to show tuner activity.

Display: 42" 1920x1080p Panasonic Plasma

1x wired MVP
    1x PC client

ATI added. Thanks.

1x wired MVP
    1x PC client

Good work, but is sharing these mux's legal?
    My Projects
    Programs Plugin (retired) | Volume OSD Plugin (retired) | Documentation Wiki (retired)

No I don;t think it is legal.

I share the sentiment and have also experienced problems in getting hold of specific mux's. However, these files are licenced software and I think that this this thread needs to be deleted.

A better idea would be to link to publicly available software products that contain the muxs.
    “If this is the way Queen Victoria treats her prisoners, she doesn't deserve to have any.”

Its not legal, but the existence of this thread doesnt really bother me. This is stuff on external websites, and wasnt done by me - my conscience is clear.

cool!

(sorry if I appeared heavy handed but I was keen to avoid Sub getting into trouble).
    “If this is the way Queen Victoria treats her prisoners, she doesn't deserve to have any.”

i like this outlook on things.
    Dan Blomberg
    HTPC 1: MSI K8NGM2-FID, AMD 64 3000+, WD 200gb HDD, 1gb ram, NSK2400, PVR-500, Harmony 659
    HTPC 2: ASUS M2NPV-VM, AMD 64 3200+, WD 250gb HDD, 1gb ram, nVidia DualTV MCE, NSK2400, Harmony 720
    HTPC 3: GIGABYTE GA-E7AUM-DS2H GeForce 9400, Intel E5200 Wolfdale, WD 640gb HDD, 4gb ram, Antec Fusion 2, HVR-1600, hdhomerun, Harmony 880, PCH A-110
    GBPVR 1.4.7 Additions: Weather2, UltraXMLTV, Comskip
    Project: Setup Logitech Harmony Remote

These files can all be freely downloaded from the legitimate sources. And in using these files you should be bound to the conditions of the of those sources........

The purpose of this exercise is to allow you to try a few different versions without wasting days searching and downloading each individual packing in full.

For example we all know the cyberlink mux is in the twinhan download. But if through this catalogue you find that the version earlier or later works better where is the real harm in that? There is no malicious intent or intent to profit in this.
    Last edited by wannabepvr; 2007-03-26 at 11:47 PM.

1x wired MVP
    1x PC client

Wannabepvr thanks for doing this. One note...I registered the Intervideo mux you posted. When I ran Mux Checker, it did not see it. (I also registered the latest cyberlink and that worked fine). Don't know if I did something wrong or what.

Gspot works great to view and test decoders.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Athlon 64 X2 6000+
    MSI K9N4 SLI (Nforce 4)
    GeForce GTX 750Ti
    8GB DDR 800
    WinTV PVR 150
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bi
    NextPVR 3.3.8