Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: "SetFilterProperty - IKsPropertySet->Set propertry failed" for PVR350

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hørsholm, Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    386

    "SetFilterProperty - IKsPropertySet->Set propertry failed" for PVR350

    Hi.

    In my pursuit to get my new Cinergy 2400i DT to work (which I may have nailed) my longtime working 350 stopped working.

    I moved the recording source sequence around quite a bit using the new sequence feature. Maybe that screwed things up?

    Anyway, at one point it stopped being able to record anything, and suddenly made the GBPVRRecordingService.exe-native.log grow uncontrollably with app. 750MB/hr !!! all by constantly adding the line:

    SetFilterProperty - IKsPropertySet->Set propertry failed

    To fix it, i have removed the old recording source and recreated the 350 from scratch, but with the same result.

    What does this mean, and how do I remedy this?

    Logfiles attached (i cut the above file short - it continues as it ends in the attached version).

    All hints appreciated,

    /Niels
    Happy user since October 2004
    VM Ware ESXi 6 on SuperMicro X9SCM-F | Xeon E3-1230 | Windows 7 (on ESXi) | nPVR 3.7.7
    2*HDHomeRun | Kodi on PC and RaspPI | Remote: Logitech Harmony 900 | Storage: unRAID file server 23TB (on ESXi)
    |

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    91,155
    I'm not really sure what to suggest. You'd normally only get these errors when you were trying to configure a PVR150/500 as PVR250/350.

    If you set the card type to PVR150 does it help, or break it more?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hørsholm, Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    386
    Setting it to 150 makes no difference.

    Another thing it does when the 350(or 150) is set up is, that it prevents the DVB-T card from recording. It tries two times each resulting in a 5,73 kB file with no real content. As soon as I remove the 350 it works again... I've seen this behavior numerous times (even when I thought it was part of a DVB-T config problem).

    I find this in the logfile GBPVRRecordingService.exe-native.log:

    2007-04-01 10:20:26.250 VERBOSE Target DVR-MS filename: D:\PVR\Recordings\Danni\Danni_20070401_10001030-1-1.dvr-ms
    2007-04-01 10:20:26.250 VERBOSE About to call pSink->CreateRecorder()
    2007-04-01 10:20:27.234 VERBOSE About to call pRecControl->Start(&rtStart)
    2007-04-01 10:20:27.375 VERBOSE getSetting(BDASubmitTuningRequestTwiceOnRecord)
    2007-04-01 10:20:27.375 INFO Starting graph...
    2007-04-01 10:20:28.781 ERROR Failed to start BDA Graph
    2007-04-01 10:20:28.781 VERBOSE ERROR_BUSY & DIERR_ACQUIRED
    2007-04-01 10:20:28.906 VERBOSE locked=0 present=0 strength=100000 quality=0
    2007-04-01 10:20:28.906 VERBOSE getSetting(ListGraphFilters)

    I should add, that this configuration previously contained two 350's. I removed one to make space for a RAID controller. Don't know if the ghost of the old 2nd 350 still lives on somewhere?
    Last edited by nia; 2007-04-01 at 09:38 AM.
    Happy user since October 2004
    VM Ware ESXi 6 on SuperMicro X9SCM-F | Xeon E3-1230 | Windows 7 (on ESXi) | nPVR 3.7.7
    2*HDHomeRun | Kodi on PC and RaspPI | Remote: Logitech Harmony 900 | Storage: unRAID file server 23TB (on ESXi)
    |

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NextPVR HQ, Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    91,155
    I should add, that this configuration previously contained two 350's. I removed one to make space for a RAID controller. Don't know if the ghost of the old 2nd 350 still lives on somewhere?
    Yeah, I wonder if the drivers are in some confused state. It might be worth uninstalling the drivers, runing the hcwclear, then reinstalling the drivers.

    Before that though, you could try editing direct.ini to set INIT_MODE=DEFAULT instead of INIT_MODE=IVAC. If it doesnt help, you'll need to remember to set it back.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hørsholm, Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    386
    Ahemm....

    Seems like this last issue actually was the fault of the 350 card sitting slightly loose (thanks to my case's plastic snap-locks not working AAAARRHGGHHH ), so it sometimes was working, sometimes was recognised but not working, and apparently confusing everything else to stop working properly as well ...

    A long story short. After discovering the slightly tilted card and fixing it, it seems that my analog PVR 350 is working correctly.

    Also, making sure the small PCI-E x1 slot had full contact with the TerraTec, and the 350 not messing GBPVR up, I got that card up and running as well.

    So it seems that most of my issues were actually caused by loose/unstable connections, although I believe some of my earlier digital problems were driver related as well. I just hope the newfound stable situation holds ... :-D

    These intermittent hardware issues shurely explains why none of the errors I got made much sense to me or anyone else. Sorry for anyone wasting time on this. Really!

    Stay tight!

    /Niels

    PS: As a slight punishment to me (apart from wasting HOURS of my own) I lost all of my reocurring recordings setup; probably due to deleting and recreating recording sources too many times. Guess there is no getting them back... :-/
    Happy user since October 2004
    VM Ware ESXi 6 on SuperMicro X9SCM-F | Xeon E3-1230 | Windows 7 (on ESXi) | nPVR 3.7.7
    2*HDHomeRun | Kodi on PC and RaspPI | Remote: Logitech Harmony 900 | Storage: unRAID file server 23TB (on ESXi)
    |

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •