Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: XSuite beta version

I have little vista experience but from googling I found this and this. Does the WizImageGrabber code do something that would make Vista think WizImageGrabber is a service? Seems like services are not allowed to popup any windows to the desktop under Vista. jksmurf is WizImageGrabber the only utility that causes this to happen? What about ProgramImageTool? Does WizImageGrabber popup anything for you? Under XP I don't think it's popping anything to the desktop when run in batch mode.

Turning off "Interactive Services Detection" sounds like ignoring the symptoms rather than fixing the problem and may be making your vista less secure.
    2 Hauppauge PVR-150's, Celeron 2.93GHz, 1GB RAM, 1TB Maxtor HD, Cooler Master Cavalier 2, Radeon HD 2400 Pro, gbpvr 1.1.5 Blue Skin

Since WizImageGrabber runs in interactive and batch mode, I've had to try to fake out the program startup to handle both options...

So, when program starts up, I look at the command line,
    • if their is at least 1 argument, and the 1st arg is not 'interactive', i treat it as a batch program, and allocate a console (cmd window) and perform the processing
    • If there are 0 args, or the 1st arg IS 'interactive', I treat it as a interactive (windows) program, initialize and create the startup form and run it.
    Code:
    static int Main(string[] args)
    {
     int retVal = 0;
     if (args.Length > 0 && args[0].ToLower() != "interactive")
     {
       // Running in batch mode, display console window
       AllocConsole();
       retVal = ConsoleMain(args);
       FreeConsole();
     }
     else
     {
       // Running Interactively, display windows form
       Application.EnableVisualStyles();
       Application.SetCompatibleTextRenderingDefault(false);
       Application.Run(newfrmWizImageGrabber());
     }
     return retVal;

}
    So, there must be something weird on Vista, when creating the console that causes this problem. I think I can still run ConsoleMain(args) - the main process - and the program would still work. So.... I potentially could create a cmdline arg that would bypass the AllocConsole() and FreeConsole() statements.

Give me a couple days to catch up with work, and I'll create a test version to see if it works before I change the startup logic too much...
    NPVR Server: Win10 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: HDHR Prime, rPI LibreElec & Amazon FireStick Kodi clients

Quote Originally Posted by fla View Post
    jksmurf is WizImageGrabber the only utility that causes this to happen?
    Yes
    What about ProgramImageTool?
    No

Does WizImageGrabber popup anything for you?
    No, only he Interactive Services Warning as described, and the CMD Window.

Turning off "Interactive Services Detection" sounds like ignoring the symptoms rather than fixing the problem and may be making your vista less secure.
    Yep.

k.
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

XRecord Crashing

Hi,
    Just thought I would get back to you and let you that since I pulled down your latest beta version (not sure what version to tell you, since the number doesn't seem to be changing even though the files are), it now crashes every time I attempt to launch it from my MVP. I'm not sure which logs to attach, so if you can let me know, I'll add them to the post.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Normally a crash will have a call stack in C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\logs\PVRX2.exe.log. Also mentioning what you are doing (which screen etc) at the moment of the crash would help too.

Edit: What's your MVP skin set to in the gbpvr config app? Could be this.
    Last edited by fla; 2009-11-03 at 02:12 PM.
    2 Hauppauge PVR-150's, Celeron 2.93GHz, 1GB RAM, 1TB Maxtor HD, Cooler Master Cavalier 2, Radeon HD 2400 Pro, gbpvr 1.1.5 Blue Skin

Quote Originally Posted by JavaWiz View Post
    Since WizImageGrabber runs in interactive and batch mode, I've had to try to fake out the program startup to handle both options...
    <snip>

So, there must be something weird on Vista, when creating the console that causes this problem.

<snip>

Give me a couple days to catch up with work, and I'll create a test version to see if it works before I change the startup logic too much...
    Hi JW, was wondering if you had any luck with this?

Cheers

k.
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

Just another bump for JW?
    k.

Quote Originally Posted by jksmurf View Post
    Just another bump for JW?
    k.
    Rather than hi-jack this thread, I've started a new one in the Wiz section...

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...288#post357288
    NPVR Server: Win10 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: HDHR Prime, rPI LibreElec & Amazon FireStick Kodi clients

Posted a new version of XRecord that fixes a bug where the folder image (folder.jpg, folder.gif, folder.png) and the folder itself would get deleted for a configured video folder in XRecord config path settings.

Posted a new version of XRecord that adds the "Archive All" episodes feature to the function popup menu (Stop/Ctrl-S) in the Ready screen. Just highlight the show you want in the ready screen, hit Stop, then choose "Archive All". If there are many episodes of the show, this will save you many button clicks compared with archiving them individually. The actual archive operations are performed in a background thread so you can continue to use XRecord and gbpvr during the operations.