Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mvpmc config examples

mvpmc config examples

Can people reply with copies of there mvpmc config files. It would be nice to see combinations of GBPVR, MythTV, ReplayTV, CIFS, etc. Let's see how crazy things can get.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Server:
    GBPVR 1.4.7
    Capture: Hauppauge PVR-150MCE

Clients:
    Media MVP: 2 wired(default dongle), 1 wireless(mvpmc dongle)
    PCH A-100: 1 (mvpmcx2)

Posting config files is a nice idea. Mine is a simple one-liner today, but I intend to do things with WOL as soon as I have upgraded my server. I could update this post while I am progressing on that, making this into a kind of sticky. May be something to consider for others.
    At present to get automatically into emulation mode I use:

Code:
    mvpmc --startup emulate --emulate 192.168.1.36 &
    What I could describe in addition is how I made the share and what access rights I use. That has been problematic for beginners including myself.

EDIT: I only had to allow WOL in the BIOS and in XP power settings of the new motherboard. Works quite well now. (I did apply the GBPVRService patch of the 0.99.12. See sticky notes there)
    EDIT2: Updated my config here
    Last edited by pz1; 2008-03-02 at 10:54 AM.

Code:

umount /etc/mvpmc
    mount.cifs //192.168.1.10/mvpmc /etc/mvpmc -o username=guest,password=guest,rw
    mvpmc -F /etc/mvpmc/defaults -o svideo -o passthru --flicker 2 --startup emulate --emulate 192.168.1.10 &
    Cheers

k.
    Last edited by jksmurf; 2007-08-26 at 04:04 AM.
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

I have two main ones. One is really boring it is

Code:
    mkdir /test
    mount.cifs //192.168.3.34/dev /test -o guest &
    exit
    This stops all processing of the config file since I do all my testing by telnet.

The real one is more interesting.

Code:
    ##########################
    # SECTION 1
    ##########################

#set timezone to Eastern Time
    #
    TZ=EST+5EDT,M3.2.0/1,M11.1.0/2; export TZ;

# Run rdate to set the system time. $SERVER is the server IP address passed in with the 
    # DHCP response
    #
    rdate -s time.nrc.ca 

mkdir /nfstest
    mount -t nfs -o nolock,tcp,rsize=4096,wsize=4096 192.168.3.30:/share/data/ /nfstest/

# enable cifs extension here
    #echo 0 > /proc/fs/cifs/LinuxExtensionsEnabled
    #echo 0 > /proc/fs/cifs/LookupCacheEnabled
    #echo 0 > /proc/fs/cifs/OplockEnabled
    #echo 1 > /proc/fs/cifs/cifsFYI

mkdir /usr/music
    mount.cifs //192.168.3.30/music /usr/music -o username=guest,password=guest

cd /usr/playlist
    ln -s /music/playlist
    ls -s /music/playlist/Indie/Indie.m3u indie.m3u
    ln -s /music/playlist/cdncollegeradio.m3u

mkdir /usr/recording
    mount.cifs //192.168.3.2/gbpvr /usr/recording -o guest

########################
    # SECTION 2
    # Setting the TZ variable above only affects the shell process this script
    # runs in. If you want to telnet to the MVP and have the TZ variable set
    # then we need to write it to the /etc/shell.config file that gets run 
    # everytime a new shell is started.
    # This section is only needed if you want to telnet to the mvp 
    # and manually run things like mvpmc.
    # It's great for deebugging.
    ########################

# Echo the command to set the TZ variable to the shell.config file
    #
    echo "TZ=EST+5EDT,M3.2.0/2,M11.1.0/2; export TZ" > /etc/shell.config;

######################
    # SECTION 3 
    # Start the mvpmc application.
    # Specify the 18 point font because the default 10 point
    # font is unreadable.  
    ######################

LIVE365DATA='notme&password=unknown'; export LIVE365DATA;

mvpmc -c 192.168.3.40 --vlc 192.168.3.2 --emulate 192.168.3.2 --startup filesystem:file=/usr/playlist > /dev/null &
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by pz1 View Post
    Posting config files is a nice idea. Mine is a simple one-liner today, but I intend to do things with WOL as soon as I have upgraded my server. I could update this post while I am progressing on that, making this into a kind of sticky. May be something to consider for others.
    At present to get automatically into emulation mode I use:

Code:
    mvpmc --startup emulate --emulate 192.168.1.36 &
    What I could describe in addition is how I made the share and what access rights I use. That has been problematic for beginners including myself.

Just come across MVPMC dongle and started to try it - I am impressed MVP is now a proper Linux client that I can connect to (MVP also now connects to network at 100M/Full).

Whilst I have managed to set the config file (ad above) to get MVP to automatically load Emulate (GBPVR) mode I am not happy about having Guest account enabled on the network. Is there a way to get MVP to automatically use a specific account? (without telnetting onto MVP after each reload of dongle).

Thanks
    Jon
    Server: HP ML150 G3, 8GB RAM, 4x500Gb and 2x250GB SATA Disks, Hauppage Nova-T
    Software: GBPVR running in XenServer 5.5 VM - Win2003 SP2, GBPVR v1.4.7, VLC v1.0.2,
    Dongle: mvpmc-dongle.bin (Sep08)
    Plugins: Music v1
    Other: Current ffmpeg build
    Clients: 3xHauppauge MediaMVP(H4 SCART) & 4PCs

Quote Originally Posted by JonRoyle View Post
    Whilst I have managed to set the config file (ad above) to get MVP to automatically load Emulate (GBPVR) mode I am not happy about having Guest account enabled on the network. Is there a way to get MVP to automatically use a specific account? (without telnetting onto MVP after each reload of dongle).
    No, but you do not need the Guest account enabled just Guest access through simple file sharing. I think this is a huge distinction. I'd be happy to discuss this further in a dedicated thread. I don't want to hijack this one.

Martin

Going green

I have slightly extended my configuration using Martin's example. I came to realise that more than half of the time I used GBPVR for listening to Internet radio. So I edited the mvpmc playlist via the WEB interface. Later I put my personal .m3u list in the mvpmc share directory, which made it accessible in etc/mvpmc. But this required the GBPVR server to be on. Fortunately, my Fritz!Box router has a USB port. I use an old memory stick to hold the playlists.

Code:
    mkdir /usr/music
    mount.cifs //192.168.1.22/USBDISKPro-0-1 /usr/music -o guest
    mvpmc --startup emulate --emulate 192.168.1.36&
    No need to fire up the GBPVR server , but WAF is low

EDIT1: See next post from mvallevand to improve WAF
    ATTENTION After every change in the configuration file remove power for 5 seconds from MVPMC to reboot and activate new settings.
    EDIT2: In GBPVR version 1.3.7 (and up?) you can also specify the settings in config.xml instead of in a separate dongle config file.
    The above example is converted in:
    <MvpmcStartupConfig>mkdir /usr/music;mount.cifs //192.168.1.22/USBDISKPro-0-1 /usr/music -o guest;mvpmc --startup emulate --emulate ? &amp;</MvpmcStartupConfig>
    Last edited by pz1; 2008-11-02 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Release of GBPVR 1.3.7

Quote Originally Posted by pz1 View Post
    No need to fire up the GBPVR server , but WAF is low
    No graphic artists on our team that's for sure. One small thing you can do go into web config and change the startup directory to /usr/music. Then temporarily set r/w on the share and move the file to file into it

mv /etc/browser.config /usr/music

and then create a link to it

ln -s /usr/music/browser.config /etc

Add the same line to the config file and after that one time setup you always will start the filesystem in /usr/music minimizing exposure to the linux filesystem.

Just so you I use my mvp 80% for Internet radio and the PCH is vastly inferior for my needs. People talk about the mvp's successor a lot, but I think many years of listening still existing as long as governments don't get in the way. The American's keep trying and the British already did.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    No graphic artists on our team that's for sure. One small thing you can do go into web config and change the startup directory to /usr/music.
    Thanks, this works! I might even be able to train the monky. I don't mean "her" of course
    Pieter

what does "--em-safety 3&" do?
    SuperMicro PDSME+ Core2Duo 2.40GHz 6.0GB Ram | HD Homerun | (4) NMT | GB-PVR v1.5.21 | Windows 7 Enterprise x64