Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: iMON VFD

iMON VFD Remote Contoll

Hi,

The VFD sounds great.

How is your iMON VFD Setup? iMON PAD or MCE?

I am unable to get the iMON MCE to control GVR?

I prefer PVRX2.

Interested how you got it working? Using a standard MCE remote via the iMON VFD Receiver (USB).

In the remote part of the config... Any idea if iMON remote will be supproted?

Cheers
    Sol

iMON VFD PAD/ MCE Remote

Hi Gents,

As ht Imon VFD comes in 2 types... iMON PAD Only Support and iMON PAD and MCE Support.

Which remote control does the plugin support and able to pass on to gbpvr? Both iMON and MCE remotes???

CHeers
    Sol

wishlist

hi, enjoying the plugin, but was wondering if a couple small changes could be made to the txt file output?
    i have a larger vfd [2x20 & 2x24] so i was wondering if you could output the whole string and remove the 16 char limit on the text output...[for Smartie]
    would allow users with larger displays to get full use, with scrolling off..

plus, if the entire filename is output, i can look up the info and output both title/subtitle and descriptions...but without knowing what to lookup, no extra info possible...doesn't necessarily need path, just whole filename..
    or if you could have it run a batch file with filename as param, instead of outputting txt, that would be even better... then it could all be done auto..and could still output a text file by echo'ing from the batch file..
    i can clean out the extra stuff ['LiveTV',etc] but the date comes in handy..

if you need help with the sql queries i have them already..
    just trying to get back to full info like we used to have...[title/sub/desc]
    just got a new vfd for 40$ [LIS 2x20] so ready to get this thing to be more usefull...
    Hardware: HDHR Prime, HDPVR 1212, Raspberry pi2, VFD display w/LCDSmartie

compiling help

hi, trying to recomplile the source, but keep getting an error on sg_vfd.dll:
    "Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\imon\SG_VFD.dll' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest."

is there a file missing from source? that dll *is* in that location..
    seems to be only error..
    any help greatly appreciated..

i got it

n/m, i got i finally....
    working nicely already, have complete lookups of title/sub desc...
    [with a little helper app]
    lots of work left still, but almost complete already...

does anyone know how to write to registry within c# app?
    can't seem to find the cmd to do it...
    anyways, thanx for the framework...

Oh yea, this plugin locks gbpvr when trying to play dvd dir [.DVD] because it's trying to read that dir's 'volume label' [which of course it doeesn't have]

should check to see whether it's a drive letter or a dir first...

other than that it's working perfectly..

Quote Originally Posted by kwong26 View Post
    Has anyone tried this program on the Antec Fusion Black case, which is the LCD version of the iMON VFD as opposed to the actual 2-line VFD version. Tried this recently, disabled the VFD program to prevent interference, but running it with PVRX2 doesn't do anything. Oddly enough, trying to watch recordings or videos with this plugin enabled causes nothing to show up. Sounded like a promising program. Might be just my version of the iMON LCD display that doesn't work well.

Mine is similar to this one:
    http://www.soundgraph.com/Eng_/Produ...=1&leftMenu=43

and not this one, which I think your Silverstone might use:
    http://www.soundgraph.com/Eng_/Produ...=1&leftMenu=42

I have the Antec Fusion case and it works exactly as promised as long as you follow the instructions.

What I would like next (pretty please!) is a display of the time played/time remaining of the current file, like the old VCR technology...
    - Silent client PVR: HDPlex HS.1 aluminium fanless case / Thin-ITX ASRock H81TM-ITX motherboard / Intel Celeron 1850T CPU / 4GB RAM / 120GB SSD / TBS6982 DBS-S2 dual-tuner card / Win10+nPVR+Plex Media Player feeding LG OLED55B6V + Anthem MRX510 AV Receiver / PMC GB1 / B&W / REL speakers.
    - Noisy NAS: Xeon / Intel mobo / 16GB RAM / FreeNAS + Ubuntu VMs on VMware ESXi + 12TB RAID
    running Plex Media Server

Quote Originally Posted by liteswap View Post
    I have the Antec Fusion case and it works exactly as promised as long as you follow the instructions.

What I would like next (pretty please!) is a display of the time played/time remaining of the current file, like the old VCR technology...
    I would like to add a second to this request. That would be huge.

Partially working iMON on 1.3.11

Hi

I'm trying to run IMON VFD on an Antec Fusion (Silver) VFD, under PVRX2 1.3.11, with some success, It writes GBPVR and Home theatre to the display, and when its recording it puts an 01 or 02 in front dependent on the tuner thats being used - so far so good - but thats as far as it goes.

What it wont do is let me config it, (which I assume I have to do from the main menu) when I launch the Imon VFD menu item (from the main menu) I get a blank screen, looking through the logs it is missing iMON VFD.png - unable to find requested skin image etc.

Configs OK from config.exe.

When I was installing I had to create a skin directory and copy the contents of skin2 into it to get this far, any clues? - where can I get the relevant skin assets from?

I am running under evil Vista 64 bit, which has been a world of pain - why why why did I move from XP? I'll know next time

Any help would be appreciated - I know I am running outside of the tested compatibilty, its just so close.

Thx

PVRX2 - 1.3.11, Gigabyte GA-MA78GM mother board, Athlon X2 4850e, 2G Ram, 500G samsung spin point HDD, Vista 64bit ultimate OS (yuk yuk yuk - would never do it again) Antec Fusion super quiet HTPC case, 2 x Hauppagge Nova-T tuners, 1 x MVP, 1 x 1TB gigabit nas for offloading films to

Just rebuilt my HTPC onto my old Silverstone rig as I had a failure on my newer rig. It all works brilliantly apart from the VFD is not controlled from within PVRX2. I saw this plugin so had a go at getting it up.

Has anyone got this working with PVRX2?
    The installation fails "Error - The Skin Directory Does not Exist"
    This is because it is looking for the Skin folder which is not included as part of the install process for PVRX2.
    Adding a Skin folder as mentioned in the previous post does complete the install, however this is the start of the problems - I just couldn't make it work.
    For Example the wiki says copy the SG_VFD.dll into system 32 - the version supplied with the plugin is 3.7.1.1202 however the version I have currently installed within the Soundgraph folder is 7.7.8.1123

So it looks like the plugin has not been updated in a while - before I spend too much time on this - Are there any other options?
    thanks
    Nick

PVRX2 - 1.4.7, ASUS P4P800-VM mother board, Intel Pentium m 1.7GhZ, 3G Ram, 80Gb IBM Deskstar PATA, 500G samsung spin point HDD SATA, XP SP3, Silverstone LC11 HTPC case, 1 x Hauppagge Nova500T dual tuner

NickR

yes I had this working on my older rig... :-))

First Uninstall Soundgraph software, then copy SG_VFD.dll to system 32 and start the plugin...
    Regards Systemshark

Lounge: HDPC Intel i5, Asus Motherboard with Intel HDMI, 4Gb of Ram, 1Tb Disk, 60Gb SSD, Blackgold BT3595 Tuner, Hauppauge Nova T500 and HVR1700 in a LianLi C39 B Case.

Other Room : Liteon Wireless Media Centre/DVD Player

Software : Windows7 32 Bit, RedRat, XMLTV GUI and NPVR