Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: iMON VFD

Hi

I am getting a case that has an IMON display in it. I want to do something similar to what you have with this plugin but I want to make a seperate application. Where did you get the specs for the IMON display?

cheers

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by fluffykeith View Post
    Hi

I am getting a case that has an IMON display in it. I want to do something similar to what you have with this plugin but I want to make a seperate application. Where did you get the specs for the IMON display?

cheers

Keith
    When you say specs, I assume you mean an API in which case ....

What type of display? VFD (16x2) in which case go to www.soundgraph.com specifically here.

Alternatively, if you are planning on the LCD display, look here and on the mediaportal forum. You'll also find source code on the mediaportal site.

For c++, try here as a start.

This should save you a bit of googling (which would find all these sites with a search on iMON API.)

See also this post.

Good Luck.
    Silverstone GD01S-MXR (three dead rows of pixels in the LCD and defective remote control), Power: Zalman ZM460B-APS (blew up - can't remember what's there now); CPU: Pentium D 3.2 GHz with Asus V72 Cooler; MD: Asus P5LD2 Deluxe 2048MB,
    WDC WD10EADS 1TB Data, 320GB System, Asus EN9400GT Silent 512MB, Hauppauge HVR 1300,
    XP Home SP3, GB-PVR 2.0, ExternalDisplay v0.3

Thanks for the info - it will help me get started.

Keith

I have a problem with the plugin, I use gbpvr 1.1.5 with imon 6.1.0122 and it doesnt working (it show me the system info from imon software) should I uninstall the imon driver and use only the plug in?
    use an earlier gbpvr version?

Quote Originally Posted by singera View Post
    I have a problem with the plugin, I use gbpvr 1.1.5 with imon 6.1.0122 and it doesnt working (it show me the system info from imon software) should I uninstall the imon driver and use only the plug in?
    use an earlier gbpvr version?
    It sounds like you have the imon exeutable running in the system tray, exit it and Skat15e's iMon plugin will work fine from inside GBPVR.
    Regards Systemshark

Lounge: HDPC Intel i5, Asus Motherboard with Intel HDMI, 4Gb of Ram, 1Tb Disk, 60Gb SSD, Blackgold BT3595 Tuner, Hauppauge Nova T500 and HVR1700 in a LianLi C39 B Case.

Other Room : Liteon Wireless Media Centre/DVD Player

Software : Windows7 32 Bit, RedRat, XMLTV GUI and NPVR

Quote Originally Posted by systemshark View Post
    It sounds like you have the imon exeutable running in the system tray, exit it and Skat15e's iMon plugin will work fine from inside GBPVR.
    it will work on imon ultra?

Quote Originally Posted by fluffykeith View Post
    Hi

cheers

Keith
    I wrote an imon-plugin myself. You could take a look at the source code of my plugin; there you can find you to send data to the IMON display: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...605#post211605

what about new version that display the playback time on the vfd?

this plugin is cool thanks. i have two questions. to make it display currently recording show name on do i need to use lcd smartie too? it shows 1 2 3 and 4 for however many shows are recording but can i show the name of the show its recording or just how many its recording ? and my other question is is there a way i can use the ir receiver portion of the imon display ? i read some have had trouble with the imon receiver diode hooked up mine seems to work fine im just not sure how to get the receiver to work.

Quote Originally Posted by singera View Post
    what about new version that display the playback time on the vfd?
    I don't believe that there is an API to get the playback time and position for recordings, only for music so it might be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmc View Post
    this plugin is cool thanks. i have two questions. to make it display currently recording show name on do i need to use lcd smartie too? it shows 1 2 3 and 4 for however many shows are recording but can i show the name of the show its recording or just how many its recording ? and my other question is is there a way i can use the ir receiver portion of the imon display ? i read some have had trouble with the imon receiver diode hooked up mine seems to work fine im just not sure how to get the receiver to work.
    Perhaps you might like to try ExternalDisplay. This plugin shows the title of the next show or current recording and also displays the playback time/position for music being played. It can also display the start and finish times of LiveTV (but not the duration of a recording). Currently in Beta. This plugin was developed for the Soundgraph LCD (including UltraBay), but is supposed to work with other displays including the VFD.
    Silverstone GD01S-MXR (three dead rows of pixels in the LCD and defective remote control), Power: Zalman ZM460B-APS (blew up - can't remember what's there now); CPU: Pentium D 3.2 GHz with Asus V72 Cooler; MD: Asus P5LD2 Deluxe 2048MB,
    WDC WD10EADS 1TB Data, 320GB System, Asus EN9400GT Silent 512MB, Hauppauge HVR 1300,
    XP Home SP3, GB-PVR 2.0, ExternalDisplay v0.3