Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: New alpha dongle Sept. 11

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    29,155

    New alpha dongle Sept. 11

    I have uploaded a new alpha dongle that includes changes from the nightly to hopefully address a/v sync in mpeg files. I would be very interested in finding out if this is successful from from anyone who has this problem. If this proves to work as planned then it very well could be a solution for AC3 audio too. The code is experimental right now but looks promising unfortunately I don't have this problem. It will not address stuttering audio that results from network bandwidth issues.

    The only other change from dongle2xa.zip is jksmurf's EventGhost change. I am however working on Go keys for 0-9 which will duplicate Hauppauge's percentage skip by calculating the time forward or backward.

    Finally as a reminder since 1.x has been released for best results with mvpmc and 99.12 and earlier you need to use the command line option --em-safety 3 to get around a GBPVR bug that has been fixed in both GBPVR and PVRX2

    Martin

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    HK - Pal I
    Posts
    3,465
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    I have uploaded a new alpha dongle that includes changes from the nightly to hopefully address a/v sync in mpeg files. I would be very interested in finding out if this is successful from from anyone who has this problem. If this proves to work as planned then it very well could be a solution for AC3 audio too. The code is experimental right now but looks promising unfortunately I don't have this problem. It will not address stuttering audio that results from network bandwidth issues.
    Cool.

    The only other change from dongle2xa.zip is jksmurf's EventGhost change. I am however working on Go keys for 0-9 which will duplicate Hauppauge's percentage skip by calculating the time forward or backward.
    Sounds cool. Will you be doing a Go <other colours as well as green?>

    Finally as a reminder since 1.x has been released for best results with mvpmc and 99.12 and earlier you need to use the command line option --em-safety 3 to get around a GBPVR bug that has been fixed in both GBPVR and PVRX2 Martin
    Hmmm ... so what was the bug .... (and is it fixed in a patches or in sub's NEXT build?)

    k.
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    29,155
    Quote Originally Posted by jksmurf View Post
    Sounds cool. Will you be doing a Go <other colours as well as green?>
    These seem to the logical place for adding some other mvpmc functionality such as selecting audio/video/subtitle streams

    Hmmm ... so what was the bug .... (and is it fixed in a patches or in sub's NEXT build?)
    Sorry I wasn't clearer. Sub fixed the problem in 1.x (both GBPVR and PVRX2) The problem related to collsions in communication between the client and server causing some commands to get lost or corrupt. The earlier "alpha" mvpmc dongles took steps to reduce the risk of, at the price that the remote response was slightly interrupted at times. I changed the default when 1.0.8 came out because this interruption was no longer necessary.

    With 99.12 the new default is actually no worse than with the Hauppauge dongle but --em-safety 3 should be as stable as the round IV dongle, although I must say it has been a long time since I have tested GBPVR thoroughly.

    There still is one conflict possible with 1.0.8/16 but it happens very rarely. This can be eliminated with --em-safety 1 but no one has really identified this as a problem yet. The symptom is continuous playing music will just stop between songs. Maybe when tkgafs gives mvpmc and PVRX2 1.x a full workout, I will see the need to make this a default.

    Martin

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas, USA
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    There still is one conflict possible with 1.0.8/16 but it happens very rarely. This can be eliminated with --em-safety 1 but no one has really identified this as a problem yet. The symptom is continuous playing music will just stop between songs.
    Interesting... I occasionally see this happen using mvpmc and 99.12. I can select a folder of songs and then "play all", but only the first song plays. Reloading mvpmc makes it start working correctly again. It rarely happens though, perhaps 2 times per month.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    nl
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    With 99.12 the new default is actually no worse than with the Hauppauge dongle but --em-safety 3 should be as stable as the round IV dongle, although I must say it has been a long time since I have tested GBPVR thoroughly.
    hmmmm, added the switch today and observed quite a few restarts while moving through the program guide.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    29,155
    Quote Originally Posted by pz1 View Post
    hmmmm, added the switch today and observed quite a few restarts while moving through the program guide.
    That's odd I can't remember anything changing on the GUI processing code since round IV, as was --em-safety 3. I assume your problem was with the first alpha from today and 99.12

    Martin

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    29,155
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryH3 View Post
    Interesting... I occasionally see this happen using mvpmc and 99.12. I can select a folder of songs and then "play all", but only the first song plays. Reloading mvpmc makes it start working correctly again. It rarely happens though, perhaps 2 times per month.
    It should happen less often with --em-safety 3.

    Martin

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    29,155
    Note I just updated today's alpha with another change from the mvpmc repo. More sync logic changes.

    Martin

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    nl
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    That's odd I can't remember anything changing on the GUI processing code since round IV, as was --em-safety 3. I assume your problem was with the first alpha from today and 99.12

    Martin
    No this time I did not upgrade. I should have mentioned that. I am still using the 20070819 dongle.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    29,155
    Quote Originally Posted by pz1 View Post
    No this time I did not upgrade. I should have mentioned that. I am still using the 20070819 dongle.
    Ok, I'll try --em-safety 3 with gbpvr (not pvrx2) 1.0.16. There are so few changes in this newer version of gbpvr (the mvp fix, and broken inset video), that I should experience the same behaviour.

    Martin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •