Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Popcorn Hour A-100

Quote Originally Posted by kendrak24 View Post
    Hi!

Are the experimental support for popcorn hour built into the 1.2.9 release, or do I need to stay with the patched 1.1.5?

TIA
    There is built in support for the PCH (you're using an older version of PCHBridge, a newer version of this is what's built in 1.2.9), but this is for the new mvpmcx2 client, written by mvallevand. I don't know if it will work with the previous version (the HTML based client using "pvrx2.exe -pch") as well. I would wait for further posts on this matter, before installing the new version.

I can reveil that this new client is a great improvement on what you're using now. The speed is great, much faster than the previous client and also faster than on a mediamvp. We will discuss further improvements on this forum, but it is looking very promissing allready.

Chris
    i5 750 4GB RAM, Windows 10 Home, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Digital Devices Cine CT, OSCam on a Raspberry Pi with a Smargo Smartreader+, Raspberry Pi 2 OpenElec Kodi client, Gigabyte Brix 2807 OpenElec Kodi client

OK, thanks, thats good to know.
    So, Sub: Is the "PVRX2.exe -pch" usable in the 1.2.9 release?

TIA

It probably still works, but realistically I'd just use Martins new mvpmcx2 client. I think he'll be posting some info and binaires later today.

"PVRX2.exe -pch" was an approach I investigated before people had found a way to run code on the PCH. Now that we can, this old method is no longer going to be developed.

My PCH is now on order !

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    Given that some of you are probably counting on me to provide this functionality over the short term I can only say I have the desire to do as much as I can (as a hobby remember) but I don't have any information to make the programming easy and I don't want to be blamed for anyone's purchase decision.

Martin
    Martin,

Can you provide my wife with your phone number, in case I can't get it working Seriously though, I/we do appreciate the ongoing efforts. I've been following this thread off and on, thinking that my PCH box won't ship for a few more months, but I got my offer for order today. So it's on order and should be in within a month or so. <fingers crossed>

I'm very excited about this, as is my wife, as I have been threatening to switch over to a Vista MediaCenter extender to replace our current MVP/GBPVR sol'n. Aside from the time an money to upgrade my 24x7 box to Vista, it would mean retraining the wife, the babysitter and the kids as well.

I hope that this doesn't put too much pressure on you !!
    #1) Athalon XP 3200, WXP SP2, 2Gig RAM, Hauppauge MCE-150
    #2) Celeron, @ 2.2 Ghz, Windows 2003 server SP1, 1Gig RAM, 2 x Hauppauge MCE-150s (running 24x7)
    #3) PopCorn Hour.. I'm working on that one.

XBMC & 2 Hauppauge Media MVPs connecting to the server.. and a couple Terrabytes of kids shows.

Quote Originally Posted by wrocky View Post
    Can you provide my wife with your phone number, in case I can't get it working
    If you didn't live in Ottawa I'd say yes, but my wife might question all those 613 calls from an unknown women.

Seriously though, I/we do appreciate the ongoing efforts. I've been following this thread off and on, thinking that my PCH box won't ship for a few more months, but I got my offer for order today. So it's on order and should be in within a month or so. <fingers crossed>
    I hope you have better luck with DHL then I did. It took as long to get across town as it did from China.

I hope that this doesn't put too much pressure on you !!
    For a first release on unknown hardware I am pretty satisfied.

Martin

Sub I see a lot of people still read this thread. Could you modify the subject to indicate it is obsolete?

Martin