Thread: Movie Wiz v1.0.11.2 and .avi files

Movie Wiz v1.0.11.2 and .avi files

I have some DVD's that I converted to divx format and then renamed the extension to .avi so Movie Wiz would pick them up. Everything works fine and the movies play, except that once I am playing the movie, none of the controls work (either with the remote or the keyboard). I can't even hit escape to get back to the main menu. Correct me if I am wrong, but I should have all of the functionality with .avi (pause, rwd, fwd, etc)? Any ideas of what could be happening. I can zip some log files if you let me know what ones you need. Thanks for all of the help in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE1234 View Post
    I have some DVD's that I converted to divx format and then renamed the extension to .avi so Movie Wiz would pick them up. Everything works fine and the movies play, except that once I am playing the movie, none of the controls work (either with the remote or the keyboard). I can't even hit escape to get back to the main menu. Correct me if I am wrong, but I should have all of the functionality with .avi (pause, rwd, fwd, etc)? Any ideas of what could be happening. I can zip some log files if you let me know what ones you need. Thanks for all of the help in advance.
    Are you playing these on a MVP? If so, some of the controls will not work since the movie is transcoded prior to playing on the MVP.

If you are playing directly, then i suspect it may be a GBPVR thing, because I simply call a gbpvr function to play the file.

Does the behavior also occur when you try to play the .avi from the PVRX2 "Video Library" plugin?

Go ahead an post your logs, I will take a look to see if anything looks wrong.
    NPVR Server: Win10 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: HDHR Prime, rPI LibreElec & Amazon FireStick Kodi clients

Sounds like the problems in this post http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=30993.

The divx tray icon steals focus from gbpvr,

Sounds like the problems in this post http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=30993.

The divx tray icon steals focus from gbpvr,
    That was the problem. Once I installed the tool referred to in this post and checked Turn off Divx Toolbar, everything works great.

Thanks for all of the help.