Thread: Movie Wizard and DVD Shrink

Movie Wizard and DVD Shrink

I have a basic question... I love Movie Wizard. I have set it up and used it for some MPEG movies I pulled from DVD to make my "digital archive". What I would like to do is keep all the menus and functionality of the DVD and use Movie Wizard to organize it. The Video Library feature (built in to GBPVR) will play a "folder" I ripped from a DVD (using DVD Shrink for example). Does or will Movie Wizard have the ability to play the same folders? I hope that's enough detail, but let me know if you need more... Thanks!
    Russ
    ---------------------------------------------------
    GB-PVR v1.1.15 Core 2 Duo 2.20Ghz 2GB RAM XPP Hauppauge HTV 1600 1.5TB SATA 300

Quote Originally Posted by Ackbar6065 View Post
    The Video Library feature (built in to GBPVR) will play a "folder" I ripped from a DVD (using DVD Shrink for example). Does or will Movie Wizard have the ability to play the same folders? I hope that's enough detail, but let me know if you need more... Thanks!
    I have been asked this before and it is on my list of things to add. I'll need to do some research and figure out how GBPVR plays the DVD's, I believe there was an API that does this.

My development machine crashed today, and I have some work to do on SearchWiz, so it may be awhile before you see this feature, but it is on my list todo.
    NPVR Server: Win10 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: HDHR Prime, rPI LibreElec & Amazon FireStick Kodi clients

DVD Shrink will also rip to an .iso file, which MovieWiz will play using Daemon Tools... This is what I do and it works great.

Playback

Are you able to play back the ISO using the menus, etc. I can't seem to make that work properly.
    Russ
    ---------------------------------------------------
    GB-PVR v1.1.15 Core 2 Duo 2.20Ghz 2GB RAM XPP Hauppauge HTV 1600 1.5TB SATA 300

Yeah, I haven't had any problems with the menus within an iso...