Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 168

Thread: Anime Library - Support Thread

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    330
    Heck, I'd like to see if it works on your new popcorn hour as well! If it doesn't, I'll have to see if there is some magic that needs to happen to make it work.

    Note that you can minimize that wee application and start up PVRX2 if you like, the plugin will work - it will just not display episodes for which it doesn't have the data yet.

    I'll put the "three day delay if the hashing application is interrupted" in the wiki as a Known Issue and leave it at that. It's already fixed for the next version, and I'm not sure it happens frequently enough to justify a 1.0.7 to fix it.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA (Metrowest actually)
    Posts
    1,665
    nah, since I appear to be the only one that hit it.

    its done now... I dont add to my anime collection like I used to
    Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Are you trying to make sure I get nothing done today?

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA (Metrowest actually)
    Posts
    1,665
    it seems to work fine on the PCH, with the exception of the screen nt updating properly when scrolling through a list of shows (not sure if thats a known issue or not.)

    but I am guessing that since it does not report the percentage watched, it wont update the watch list. it would be nice to be able to mark items as watched manually.
    Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Are you trying to make sure I get nothing done today?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA (Metrowest actually)
    Posts
    1,665
    nope... it seems to update the watched status fine (at least on the PCH UI, I will look into it more and see how things get propagated about


    but overall I am extremely happy with this, and I am getting back into watching anime because of it (well, the PCH started it, but this made it much more addictave )
    Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Are you trying to make sure I get nothing done today?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA (Metrowest actually)
    Posts
    1,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted the Penguin View Post
    nope... it seems to update the watched status fine (at least on the PCH UI, I will look into it more and see how things get propagated about
    scratch that... I dont really know how it was getting updated. I had updated the database while watching an episode. also it seems that the watched status does not update itself gracefully: I marked a bunch of episodes as watched in anidb and the UI didnt update itself, even after running aniscan (but then again, I added those files less than 3 days ago)


    also, I just started trying to skin your plugin (operative word trying) and it is not going so well
    I seem to be unable to really skin it at all. it does not seem to conform to the skinning style of other plugins. (like cinema, weather, or the default libraries) I would really like to skin this plugin for sassari (yeah at some point in the next 7 years I will finish the x2 version) but it seem basically impossible right now (or I could be being dense, and in need of a little direction).

    also, I dont see any preview images for my animes...
    Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Are you trying to make sure I get nothing done today?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    330
    Well, about the "Watched" thing. Updating a files 'watched' status in AniDB will not (immediately, anyway) also update it in the plugin, although it does the other way around.

    While I can get watched information on a per-file basis from AniDB, I have to ask for it. Which would mean queueing up ongoing requests for each and every file (kinda, see below). Which is just too frighteningly time-consuming to even contemplate.

    That said, it will catch up eventually. Once a day, when the hash program is run, it will select up to ten anime titles that it feels might have stale data, and goes out and gets fresh data for them. In the process of doing so, it is able to import the watched status of all files in the title in bulk. So does.

    All the above, in turn, depends on the "Import AniDb Watched Status When Able" checkbox being checked.

    HOW it chooses those ten is based on a number of factors. Titles that are presently still being aired will be updated very frequently, since their data is likely to change. Next are titles for which you've recently watched an episode, or added a new file, on the expectation if you're watching it you will care about it more.

    Titles that finished airing years ago and you are not actively watching are put off until last, since their data is pretty much finalized. If they get refreshed once every few months I'm happy.

    That said, you can mark a file from watched from within the plugin, and that will get sent to AniDB right away (this one, in turn, is only if "Auto-Update Watched Status on MyList" is checked).

    If you select an episode title and hit the [info] button (or whatever button on your remote that maps to the HOME key), you'll get a popup with the episode and file details, at the bottom of which is a "Mark Watched" button.

    I've subsequently added a keyboard shortcut to mark all episodes of a title watched, but that's a 1.7 thing too. Which doesn't help much, I suppose. So not sure why I bothered to bring it up.

    Pressing the [info] button with an anime title (in contrast to an episode title) selected will bring up the details for the anime instead. It is on these two popups that the image is displayed.

    Now, on to the skinning.

    Quite honestly, I would not be surprised to learn I was doing something horribly evil with the skin design. In fact, it strikes me as more likely than you being dense.

    You might have better luck using the skins for CommunitySkin3 as a starting point, since for them I went through and tried to use as much from the baseskin.xml file as I could.

    I'll also download Sassari and see how much I make it cry.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    330
    Hm - I can't find a PVRX2 version of Sassari, the latest version that I could find in the Wiki looks to be almost a year ago. Would you happen to have a link to a newer version handy?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA (Metrowest actually)
    Posts
    1,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Ommina View Post
    If you select an episode title and hit the [info] button (or whatever button on your remote that maps to the HOME key), you'll get a popup with the episode and file details, at the bottom of which is a "Mark Watched" button.
    I just stumbled across that... woo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ommina View Post
    I'll also download Sassari and see how much I make it cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ommina View Post
    Hm - I can't find a PVRX2 version of Sassari, the latest version that I could find in the Wiki looks to be almost a year ago. Would you happen to have a link to a newer version handy?
    ok... so heres the deal, I really liked sassari, but I also like red, so I took sassari and modified it. then I got more involved when I started updating it to support more plugins/easier to modify. in the process I got all of the source files from dottore, who subsequently does not really use GB-PVR anymore, so when PVRX2 came around and the whole thing had to be re-skinned, I started to do it, and got it to the point that I could use it. but not so far that I wanted to post it to the wiki (still missing lots of bits) I will blame the fact that I got all motivated to make the colors easily customizable...

    so for a link... I give you a zip file, of what I am currently working on. I dont have any of the popups or the OSD skinned. and dont go into the settings screen.


    That being said... the screen update in the plugin seems rather buggy on the PCH (and an MVP most likely). when I press down and I have selected the last item on the screen, it only updates that last item as it scrolls down. It randomly leaves things selected, etc... I can make a video of it if you like?



    Thanks for the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Are you trying to make sure I get nothing done today?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted the Penguin View Post
    so for a link... I give you a zip file, of what I am currently working on. I dont have any of the popups or the OSD skinned. and dont go into the settings screen.

    That being said... the screen update in the plugin seems rather buggy on the PCH (and an MVP most likely). when I press down and I have selected the last item on the screen, it only updates that last item as it scrolls down. It randomly leaves things selected, etc... I can make a video of it if you like?
    Heh, the base skin files should be sufficient for me to figure out what is (or perhaps isn't) going on. I know the popups are pretty dense with a lot of conditional text on each, but even they should be susceptible to style changes, even if rearranging would be a bit tricky. I'll give that a go tomorrow night and let you know how I make out.

    As for the screen updates, let's see if I'm understanding correctly before you break out the camera.

    • The list fills with 13 items.
    • You can move the selection up and down within those 13 items without issue (?)
    • If you move the selection all the way to the bottom then ask the list to scroll (effectively moving item one off the top, 14 onto the bottom and shifting two through 13 up), one through 12 remain the same, and item 13 does change to the text of 14, etc.
    • For added giggles, items one through 12 will appear selected, for no good reason.


    That sum it up?

    Out of curiosity, if you subsequently move the selection up the list, will it re-render the (incorrect) text to the correct version?

    Assuming that I'm understanding correctly, and at the risk of destroying any shred of confidence in me you might have, my immediate guess as to why it is doing that is "I've no clue whatsoever" followed quickly by "something is wrong, wonder what?".

    But I'm willing to find out!

    I'm going to scurry off to the Developer's Forum now and enlist the aid of the denizens there. It may very well be that the MVP / PCH has specials considerations that I didn't, er, consider.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA (Metrowest actually)
    Posts
    1,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Ommina View Post
    Heh, the base skin files should be sufficient for me to figure out what is (or perhaps isn't) going on. I know the popups are pretty dense with a lot of conditional text on each, but even they should be susceptible to style changes, even if rearranging would be a bit tricky. I'll give that a go tomorrow night and let you know how I make out.
    its not so much the popup that I am worried about skinning, but the general interface... I want to change the size of the list, add the background etc... I just want it to look like the rest of the skin (at some point I aligned my skinning style to the community skin, but we may have diverged since then)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ommina View Post
    As for the screen updates, let's see if I'm understanding correctly before you break out the camera.

    • The list fills with 13 items.
    • You can move the selection up and down within those 13 items without issue (?)
    • If you move the selection all the way to the bottom then ask the list to scroll (effectively moving item one off the top, 14 onto the bottom and shifting two through 13 up), one through 12 remain the same, and item 13 does change to the text of 14, etc.
    • For added giggles, items one through 12 will appear selected, for no good reason.


    That sum it up?
    pretty much... except for that last bullet. I will explain

    • The list fills with 13 items.
    • I hit the skip button (twice) to go to items 14-26
    • the entire list updates and everything looks peachy.
    • I press the up arrow a few times to select an episode (say 20) (still looking good)
    • oops, went to far (to 19), gotta press down to select the episode I want
    • I press down to select the episode (20) and 19 stays selected... and this continues when I keep pressing down.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ommina View Post
    Out of curiosity, if you subsequently move the selection up the list, will it re-render the (incorrect) text to the correct version?
    yeah, in the first case, it does (not updating all of the items on the list while scrolling down), the second case is much harder (impossible) to fix without selecting another anime then going back to the one I am watching. where it just exhibits the same problem again when I try to skip a page.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ommina View Post
    Assuming that I'm understanding correctly, and at the risk of destroying any shred of confidence in me you might have, my immediate guess as to why it is doing that is "I've no clue whatsoever" followed quickly by "something is wrong, wonder what?".

    But I'm willing to find out!

    I'm going to scurry off to the Developer's Forum now and enlist the aid of the denizens there. It may very well be that the MVP / PCH has specials considerations that I didn't, er, consider.
    seriously, dont worry, I wouldnt report the bugs if I didnt think you could fix them
    I too am a developer, just for much lower level stuff (device drivers), and I completely understand that programs have bugs, and they can be fixed. and usually when someone says "OMG IT DONT WORKS" its pretty hard to tell exactly what was going on, so I will apologize for not giving an adequate description of the problem I was experiencing (it was late, I wanted to sleep)
    Quote Originally Posted by sub View Post
    Are you trying to make sure I get nothing done today?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •