Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 3 SearchWiz Problems

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11

    3 SearchWiz Problems

    I'm using SearchWiz v1.08 on GBPVR v1.016.
    I have 3 problems with it:
    1. Whenever I temporarily remove the hardrive containing my recordings, then reinstall it, it can't find the original folders or recordings, so I can't play anything anymore through GBPVR. How do I fix that?

    2. Whenever I use SearchWiz to Edit a search or Select a search and press 'OK' it exits to the Main Menu 2 levels instead of back to the previous SearchWiz menu. How do I fix that?

    3. Whenever I have to update my TV Listings, I have to redo all my searches which is a hassle. Is there a way to have GBPVR do all my searches at once automatically?

    Searching For Solutions

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St. Johns, Florida USA
    Posts
    2,450
    Quote Originally Posted by fine2ning View Post
    I'm using SearchWiz v1.08 on GBPVR v1.016.
    I have 3 problems with it:
    1. Whenever I temporarily remove the hardrive containing my recordings, then reinstall it, it can't find the original folders or recordings, so I can't play anything anymore through GBPVR. How do I fix that?
    Not sure what you mean, SearchWiz does not look at existing recordings. SearchWiz searches the EPG and allows you to schedule NEW recordings. It does interface to the Recording Service to determine if a program is already scheduled though.

    Are you referring to MovieWiz (ie not SearchWiz)?
    2. Whenever I use SearchWiz to Edit a search or Select a search and press 'OK' it exits to the Main Menu 2 levels instead of back to the previous SearchWiz menu. How do I fix that?
    May be an old bug, you might want to update to newest version. (I will be releasing another version within the next 2 weeks or so also.)
    3. Whenever I have to update my TV Listings, I have to redo all my searches which is a hassle. Is there a way to have GBPVR do all my searches at once automatically?
    Do you mean when the EPG updates, you have to redo your searches? Not sure why, they should still exist and should be runnable against the updated EPG.

    I highly recommend upgrading to version on Wiki 1.0.13.0, I am pretty sure it will work with PVRX2 1.0.16. There are dozens of bug fixes and many new features.
    NPVR Server: Win10 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: HDHR Prime, rPI LibreElec & Amazon FireStick Kodi clients

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11
    Sorry, I wasn't more explicit.
    1. When SearchWiz (not MovieWiz) records a program, it places it on a separate hardrive inside a folder. When I go to GBPVR and select 'Recordings' it shows all the folders and all the programs that were recorded. But when I remove the hardrive temporarily and reconnect it, these recordings are STILL on the hardrive but disappear from the 'Recordings' menu.

    2. Ok I'll upgrade soon.

    3. When 2 weeks expires I have to update the EPG and redo all my searches manually one at a time. The search criteria are still intact, but it's a hassle to select each show individually to record them every 2 weeks. For instance, if I want to record all 20 Seinfeld episodes, is there a way to select all of them at once and record them? Or if I have 5 searches, have them do all the searches and selections at once with one click of a button?

    Hope that clarifies the problems.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hamilton New Zealand
    Posts
    4,957
    thats cause gbpvr sees its missing and deletes it from the database

    you need to change this to false in your config file
    <AutoRemoveMissingRecordings>true</AutoRemoveMissingRecordings>

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St. Johns, Florida USA
    Posts
    2,450
    Quote Originally Posted by fine2ning View Post
    Sorry, I wasn't more explicit.
    1. When SearchWiz (not MovieWiz) records a program, it places it on a separate hardrive inside a folder. When I go to GBPVR and select 'Recordings' it shows all the folders and all the programs that were recorded. But when I remove the hardrive temporarily and reconnect it, these recordings are STILL on the hardrive but disappear from the 'Recordings' menu.
    As stustunz noted, you need to update your config.

    3. When 2 weeks expires I have to update the EPG and redo all my searches manually one at a time. The search criteria are still intact, but it's a hassle to select each show individually to record them every 2 weeks. For instance, if I want to record all 20 Seinfeld episodes, is there a way to select all of them at once and record them? Or if I have 5 searches, have them do all the searches and selections at once with one click of a button?
    When you create the recording entry, do you create a Recurring entry (ie All Episodes this season)? SearchWiz simply calls the Recording Service to setup the recording.

    In order to record ALL Seinfeld episodes (on the same channel), you should be able to select one of them, then set the RecordingType to one of the following:
    • Season (All episodes, this channel)
    • Season (This weekly timeslot and channel)
    • Season (This daily timeslot and channel)
    AND set Keep to All Recordings.
    NPVR Server: Win10 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: HDHR Prime, rPI LibreElec & Amazon FireStick Kodi clients

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11
    Thanks for the prompt replies.
    I found the way to record multiple shows (didn't even notice this option).

    I changed the 'true' to 'false' in the config, but it doesn't reverse the damage that's already created. I had about 5 folders and 40 programs recorded (complete with ad-skips) and now I can't play them. Is there a way to restore these folder and files back so that GBPVR can see them under the 'Recordings' tab again?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St. Johns, Florida USA
    Posts
    2,450
    Quote Originally Posted by fine2ning View Post
    Thanks for the prompt replies.
    I found the way to record multiple shows (didn't even notice this option).

    I changed the 'true' to 'false' in the config, but it doesn't reverse the damage that's already created. I had about 5 folders and 40 programs recorded (complete with ad-skips) and now I can't play them. Is there a way to restore these folder and files back so that GBPVR can see them under the 'Recordings' tab again?
    The delete is a function of GBPVR/PVRX2, not SearchWiz.

    That may be difficult. There is a file in the gbpvr directory (recording-dump.xml) that contains the recording list after each run of GBPVR, but yours has probably been overlaid from running the program. If by some off chance, your movies are still listed in that file, you can 'Import' from the config app (Plugins Tab).

    All is not lost though. The recording files still exist, you should be able to map the built-in 'Video Library' to list the movies or a number of plugins can be used such as MovieWiz, VideoArchive and XRecord. If the commercial skip files still exist, the ad-skips will still work.
    NPVR Server: Win10 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: HDHR Prime, rPI LibreElec & Amazon FireStick Kodi clients

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11
    The recording-dump.xml is emptied but everything appears in the Video Library sans descriptions so I can at least play everything minus ads.

    I installed the lastest PVR & SearchWiz as you indicated. Sometimes I click on SearchWiz in the Main Menu and it freezes and nothing happens, other times it works.

    The SearchWiz menu still sometimes skips through 2 levels to the Main Menu when I don't want it to, but I can live with it if everything else works.

    Thanks.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    St. Johns, Florida USA
    Posts
    2,450
    Quote Originally Posted by fine2ning View Post
    The recording-dump.xml is emptied but everything appears in the Video Library sans descriptions so I can at least play everything minus ads.

    I installed the lastest PVR & SearchWiz as you indicated. Sometimes I click on SearchWiz in the Main Menu and it freezes and nothing happens, other times it works.

    The SearchWiz menu still sometimes skips through 2 levels to the Main Menu when I don't want it to, but I can live with it if everything else works.

    Thanks.
    If you can recreate the problems, zip and post the logs, I'll take a look.
    NPVR Server: Win10 / AMD Phenom II X4 965 / 8gRAM / ATI Radeon 7700 Series / Hauppauge 2250
    Misc: HDHR Prime, rPI LibreElec & Amazon FireStick Kodi clients

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •