Thread: Tailers play, but no Video...

Tailers play, but no Video...

OK, I'm slowly getting ICL working. I found how to get QT Alt. and got it installed, now it plays the trailers, but only audio, no video. Is there a simple setting i missed in the QT Settings?
    BTW, PVRX2, I think I'm using the regular VMR 9. I can FF and RW the trailers too, just no video.

Thanks!

The most likely problem is the version of quicktime

From the wiki, it says:
    To watch the trailers GB-PVR needs to be able to play Apple QuickTime files (.mov). There maybe other ways but a simple choice is to download and install QuickTime Alternative. This is a link to oldversion.com as the latest version no longer includes the required DirectShow filters and codecs.

However, I found that I needed to try several versions until I found one that played on my computer. I am currently without sound on my trailers but I think it is a windows thing because I don't have sound in Windowsmediaplayer either. The only place I have sound is in pvr2x and gbpvr!
    PVRx2 v1.4.7|Hauppauge 150 with 45 button remote & HVR1600|Cyberlink for DVD and BDA multiplexer|
    evga nvidia gforce 6200: Pentium(R)4 cpu 2.4 GHz 3 Gb ram|Windows XP: 1 MVP

Which version of Quicktime alternate did you get? I just grabbed the latest available which was 1.75. and is running quick time 7.

oddly though I just tried another movie, and it played fine. I'm gonna play with it a bit, and see if i get it working.

I could try all the different version of quicktime alternate, i just don't want to keep unloading, and reloading that software. if you could direct me to a place to start that would be of great help!

Try the oldversion.com link in post #6

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread...native+version
    My Projects
    Programs Plugin (retired) | Volume OSD Plugin (retired) | Documentation Wiki (retired)

Thank you for the responses. I'll install 1.61 tomorrow hopefully if I get time, and post back the results...

Well, it took me a while to gt around to it, but I tried a bunch of different versions, and 1.74 did it, it now works fine.