Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Startup in EmulationMode for Dummies required

Quote Originally Posted by mvallevand View Post
    You are looking in the wrong folder. You mounted the share to /etc/mvpmc so use

ls /etc/mvpmc

/etc/dongle.config gets copied from dongle.bin.config during the boot sequence.

Martin
    /etc/mvpmc is empty

What does this mean and more importantly where are we trying to get to with this? You're losing me fast. Dont forget the title of the OP
    GBPVR 1.4.7, XP pro SP3, 3.2GHz P4, 1GB RAM, Hauppauge WinTV 9000 DVB-T, Hauppauge Nova-S plus, 1 MVP

I'm just answering your question. In one of my earlier threads I asked if you followed the steps on the wiki. Sorry this is tough, but these steps would work by default in all Windows installations so it is a matter of enabling something that you have changed.

Martin

In one of my earlier threads I asked if you followed the steps on the wiki. Martin
    I had looked at that page, but there is no first message or first sticky, at least not explicitly labelled as such . As stated in the OP I created the C:\mvpmc folder and allowed network sharing using the normal commands available in Windws Explorer. I did not use the Windows wizard nor the command line method described on that webpage. Is this important? Do they give more sharing options than the Windows explorer method?
    GBPVR 1.4.7, XP pro SP3, 3.2GHz P4, 1GB RAM, Hauppauge WinTV 9000 DVB-T, Hauppauge Nova-S plus, 1 MVP

The order you do things is important in setting up a share and using the wizard ensures this. Also I don't have to figure out what version of windows you run and answer questions about tabs, permissions etc.

You still haven't told me if you followed all the steps on the wiki. Assuming you have done things in the correct order what about the last link http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;304040 If things don't work most of the answers are there.

Martin
    Last edited by mvallevand; 2008-02-24 at 12:26 PM.

You still haven't told me if you followed all the steps on the wiki.
    Martin, sorry but I'm having trouble answering this question because I don't recognise the page you pointed to with the url as being a "wiki" as know it and there is no mention of a "sticky". The following is my attempt to answer you as best I can. Sorry if I'm not on your wavellength (but this was a request for dummies)

I have deleted the directory I created in windows explorer and used the wizard method described on the page you suggested:

Step 3. Creating the mvpmc share

(a) Windows GUI method

To create the share, run the following.

- Start->Run->shrpubw
    - On the first screen enter c:\mvpmc as the Folder to share and mvpmc as Share name.
    - Hit Next
    - If prompted Hit Yes to create the folder
    - Select your choice of radio button options. The second option is the prefered.
    - Click Finish

Then create or store dongle.bin.config in c:\mvpmc
    I think that is the only part which is relevent to my case. Please say if you disagree.

Anyway the result is that the mediaMVP still does not start up in mvpmc emulation mode. Any more suggestions as to what to check will be very gratefully received.

I disagree. You need to go to Step 4 on troubleshooting and check out the Microsoft KB article. I also provided a direct link in my previous reply.

If that doesn't solve it the only thing I can think of is you are confusing "All Users" with Guest access. They are not the same thing.

Martin

This doesn't directly relate to setting up mvpmc, but when I was having trouble with permissions & shares, I found this hauppauge faq useful...

http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/faq/s...diamvp.html#11

I had the same problem. Make sure you enable the Guest account and remove the password.

Tim

I've been round the houses on this one... what cakes said re share is correct.

However I found that if you make the share folder first (and don't forget to ADD the guest to the list of folks with permissions to read it) THEN put dongle.config in it LATER then dongle.config is NOT shared. You then have to go and share the FILE.

If you make the file and all the bins you need THEN put them in the dir THEN share it, it shares folder and files automatically.

That's my experience.

k.
    ASUS STRIX X470-F AMD 2700x 4GHz | Win10Prox64 | 32GB | NVIDIA GEforce GT1030 Fanless | WinTV DMB-TH | WinTV HVR-1280 | Hauppauge Colossus | Various HD's | AC86U | USB-UIRT | PCH-A110 | RPi2 | Sony Bravia LCD X9000F Android TV |. Frustrated that NextPVR is not working? Take a moment and consider this and this and this and this and this and this. Credit where credit's due; for one guy (with a wife and two kids), most problems are solved outrageously quickly. Patience.

I`ve not got this working yet either, Just a thought cause so many people have trouble getting there heads around this and getting it to work, could someone who`s good with writing batch files, to write a batch file to automaticly create a shared folder with guest permissions and to create a file within that folder with basic config to get people started.

Just a thought

Cheers

Pete
    Pentium 4 3000, XP, 1.5gig of memory, 460gig harddrive, Nova T Dual, , PVRX2 3 MVP`s