Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: how to use IR server suite with GBPVR

@and-81

Thanks for the programme. I agree with Etacovda. It is bloody brilliant.

I tried Zaprat's profile but none of the number keys work with my MCE remote. For example, in his profile they are in the format "Keys: {NUM1}" whereas mine only work with the format "Keys: 1" etc.

Hope this helps.

This is Killer. So easy. Good job...

I put it up on the wiki

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tips/IRServer
    Frank Z

I used to ask 'why?' Now I just reinstall...

yeah, i had the same experience as tomper - i had to rename my numpad buttons.

Since installing ir server suite on saturday, ive not had one missed recording (out of 20) - hip was ok about 2/3rds of the time, so the difference is seriously significant. Its made my whole htpc experience complete, basically. Superb.
    HTPC: 3000+ A64 | Gigabyte k8N 939 SLI | 1 gb ddr 400 | 2x mce150 tuners + mce remote | 1x Pinnacle 7010xi dual dvb-s, dual dvb-t tuner, 2xSky motorolla decs with IR server Suite changing channels via MCE remote| ati x1600 pro | 1x250 1x320 gb Seagate IDE drives | 29" sony CRT via svideo | Windows XP sp2
    Clients: 2x desktop pc's, 1 wired MVP connected to a 29" mitsubishi

Does anyone know how to get the vol up/down and mute buttons to work with IR Server Suite?

Build: Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H/AMD X2 4600+/2GB DDR2 Ram, DVDRW, Integrated ATI Radeon Xpress 1250, Hauppauge PVR 150MCE w/Remote and IR Blaster (1062) and Eventghost, Windows XP Professional/SP2, GB-PVR v1.2.9, CS3
    Plugins:
    Utilities: Yapi2XML, UltraXMLTV

add them in system wide if you're using internal volume control.
    HTPC: 3000+ A64 | Gigabyte k8N 939 SLI | 1 gb ddr 400 | 2x mce150 tuners + mce remote | 1x Pinnacle 7010xi dual dvb-s, dual dvb-t tuner, 2xSky motorolla decs with IR server Suite changing channels via MCE remote| ati x1600 pro | 1x250 1x320 gb Seagate IDE drives | 29" sony CRT via svideo | Windows XP sp2

Thanks for the reply. However, I'd like to know exactly what strings i need to use.

In the past, I've used the following:
    volup: ctrl+x
    voldown: ctrl-z
    mute: ????

Do you have something different?

Thanks,

Build: Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H/AMD X2 4600+/2GB DDR2 Ram, DVDRW, Integrated ATI Radeon Xpress 1250, Hauppauge PVR 150MCE w/Remote and IR Blaster (1062) and Eventghost, Windows XP Professional/SP2, GB-PVR v1.2.9, CS3
    Plugins:

Quote Originally Posted by Etacovda View Post
    add them in system wide if you're using internal volume control.
    Me neither. It seems from the site that this is the number one requested feature, and latest version doesn't have it yet...
    Frank Z

hrm, could have sworn i saw it - i use external for mine - sorry, i guess you'd just have to use gbpvr keys

The IR Server Suite is definitely the best I've used so far. Ok, so i goy vol down working but cannot get volup to work. I'm using ctrl+x and ctrl-z. Any ideas?

Plugins:

Quote Originally Posted by mbox View Post
    The IR Server Suite is definitely the best I've used so far. Ok, so i goy vol down working but cannot get volup to work. I'm using ctrl+x and ctrl-z. Any ideas?
    It's ctr + x and ctrl + z which would be ^x and ^z. THere's no plus or minus...

That's from the wiki. I can't get it working though. even with me and the keys clicking away... I have tried setting the volume control in the config to Master and Local, but no dice.

I'm waiting for built in support like hip and evenghost has
    Frank Z