Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: bigger font?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    39

    bigger font?

    Hi,

    How can I increase the font of the text used? I have a regular TV (32") and it is very hard to read the text. I had the same prob with the RSS Reader plugin, but for that one I just had to tweak skin\Blue\news\skin.xml (increase font sizes).

    Can the same be done for the Cinema plugin?

    I found skin\Community\InternationalCinemaListings\skin.xm l but I can increase the values and nothing happens. Even restarting the service did not help.

    GB-PVR with MediaMVP here.

    Thanks,

    marcio

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,751
    I use Jaggy's Blue-Retro-SHV skin. I'm not sure which plugins it handles but you might want to try it out...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,528
    Edit the first textstyle listed in the \Community3\baseskin.xml file.
    Fatman_do

    HTPC: AMD XP+2500, 512MB DDR (400) ~ Capture Device: Hauppage PVR-150
    Storage: 30GB OS & Recording, 160GB Post Processing & Archive
    Video Output: HD 32" TV via eVGA Geforce 6200le 256MB AGP DVI-HDMI cable out
    Audio Output: Turtle Beach Riviera S/PDIF Optic Output (Digital pass thru only) to Home Theater Receiver



    Moderator | Tutorials | Community Skin | CommunitySkin-SVN

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    39
    Fatman_do: I actually run the Blue skin, so Community indeed was totally unrelated. My bad. But skin2\blue\InternationalCinemaListings does not seem to be working either.

    ACTCMS: Intereting (Blue-Retro-SHV). But it has far fewer dirs than \skin\Blue. Does that mean that if I switch to Blue-Retro-SHV I will be hosed in the other plugins which I have installed? I mean, don't I need subdirs under Blue-Retro-SHV for those extra plugins too?

    Thanks!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,528
    Quote Originally Posted by sglebs View Post
    Fatman_do: I actually run the Blue skin, so Community indeed was totally unrelated. My bad. But skin2\blue\InternationalCinemaListings does not seem to be working either.
    No problem, I wasn't certain.

    In any rate, if you look at the baseskin.xml file for blue, you should see possibly the textstyles called out in the plugin you wish to edit. Most likely "GeneralTextStyle". I would copy that textstyle line to the skin.xml file for the plugin and make the edits in that skin.xml file to the size you want. You could also just make that change in the blue baseskin.xml file and ALL screens will have that larger size.
    Fatman_do

    HTPC: AMD XP+2500, 512MB DDR (400) ~ Capture Device: Hauppage PVR-150
    Storage: 30GB OS & Recording, 160GB Post Processing & Archive
    Video Output: HD 32" TV via eVGA Geforce 6200le 256MB AGP DVI-HDMI cable out
    Audio Output: Turtle Beach Riviera S/PDIF Optic Output (Digital pass thru only) to Home Theater Receiver



    Moderator | Tutorials | Community Skin | CommunitySkin-SVN

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by sglebs View Post
    ACTCMS: Intereting (Blue-Retro-SHV). But it has far fewer dirs than \skin\Blue. Does that mean that if I switch to Blue-Retro-SHV I will be hosed in the other plugins which I have installed? I mean, don't I need subdirs under Blue-Retro-SHV for those extra plugins too?

    Thanks!
    Blue-Retro-SHV doesn't cover all plugins. If you:

    create a folder called Blue-Retro-SHV in Skin2
    copy (don't move) the contents of the Skin2\Blue folder into Skin2\Blue-Retro-SHV
    install the Blue-Retro-SHV skin

    That way you will get the benefit of B-R-S without breaking any of the unsupported plugins.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,528
    Quote Originally Posted by ACTCMS View Post
    Blue-Retro-SHV doesn't cover all plugins. If you:

    create a folder called Blue-Retro-SHV in Skin2
    copy (don't move) the contents of the Skin2\Blue folder into Skin2\Blue-Retro-SHV
    install the Blue-Retro-SHV skin

    That way you will get the benefit of B-R-S without breaking any of the unsupported plugins.
    If you are using any "Legacy" non-pvrx2.exe plugins, you would need to follow these instructions in the skin\ folder and make some manual tweaks there as well.

    You may not have this concern, but if anyone else does, I thought I would bring that up.
    Fatman_do

    HTPC: AMD XP+2500, 512MB DDR (400) ~ Capture Device: Hauppage PVR-150
    Storage: 30GB OS & Recording, 160GB Post Processing & Archive
    Video Output: HD 32" TV via eVGA Geforce 6200le 256MB AGP DVI-HDMI cable out
    Audio Output: Turtle Beach Riviera S/PDIF Optic Output (Digital pass thru only) to Home Theater Receiver



    Moderator | Tutorials | Community Skin | CommunitySkin-SVN

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman_do View Post
    If you are using any "Legacy" non-pvrx2.exe plugins, you would need to follow these instructions in the skin\ folder and make some manual tweaks there as well.

    You may not have this concern, but if anyone else does, I thought I would bring that up.
    Absolutely right - thanks for correcting that... What with all the excitement about 1.2.9 - I wasn't concentrating...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •